How many positions to open?

Open 2 trade 0.01 lot size

1 Like

just one position only ā€¦if you have capital with an amount of 100USD you cannot folow the 0.5%- 2% rule on risk managementā€¦you can only use the smallest size that your flatform allows you ā€¦in metatrader4 standard lot the smallest size is 0.01 then adjust your stoploss not too far ā€¦and do not open a position to those currency pairs which have high volatility like for example GBPUSD 70pips - over 100pips per day so if you put not too far stoploss because of lack of capital and you are a newbie in forex probably your stoploss will always get hitā€¦always use pending orders ā€¦and the most important is patientsā€¦do not think that you can be a millionaire instanly for a 100usd capitalā€¦it takes time

In my opinion, opening 5 deals simultaineously us not good. You should try using stop-losses, that will save your deposit for sure.

I would only work with one position if I were you and I also advise you to use stoploss, as this is a good risk management tool, thanks to which you will not lose your deposit right away.

Stop loss is one of the most valuable tool here, since I canā€™t monitor my running trades for 24 hours, so no way to me without the SL.

Absolutely. The SL is a part of the plan for the trade and if there is no plan, the trade should not be taken. Every trader should know the price at which any trade would be closed regardless of any other circumstances, and setting a SL is the most efficient way to do that.

In addition, specific trades might have more dynamic exit conditions that would have to be triggered manually, but these should also be definable and defined in advance.

1 Like

Agree with you; thatā€™s way I donā€™t have any specific target on SL.

i agree with you, thatā€™s the safest way to trade.

My friend hope all is good. First and foremost I am new like you. Iā€™ve been trading live now with $500 over 3 months. My account has grown to over $2100. I practice RISK MANAGEMENT so there is no way I would have more than two open trades. I scalp mostly so Iā€™m always looking for the right set ups and the money in youā€™re account will help you maximize each trade. No offense but Iā€™m sure you have had youā€™re margin called by now. Next time practice proper risk management itā€™s not horse racing :racehorse: itā€™s the FOREX FAM.

Hi fellow I know exactly what you feel and done. I know darn well that of the direction is going to be this or that. I turned to spreads.
That way I know the risk and reward up front.
Statistics improved after that. Donā€™t give up!

Hi Matzhee, I started exactly the way you are doing now with 100$ and according to me that is the best way of doing it. You immediately have a feel for the market, but you have to have the basic knowledge behind you at least. And opening trades at a time, that is just crazy and not getting you anywhere.

With just 100$ you have to risk already too much just on a single trade if you donā€™t want your stops to be triggered constantly.

The way I did it, and I am still doing it, is to study a single pair, watch it constantly, get a feel of where it is going and if the trend is up you go up with it and place very tight stops. Taking small profits is OK, donā€™t be greedy and never go without a SL. If the trend should reverse you will lose a small amount but immediately go the other way with the new trendā€¦thatā€™s just my system and I am not saying it is going to work for you. But yes you can start small and make profits.

Happy trades!

do you have a mentor? have finished school of pipsology? do you even know which trading style suits you?
If you serious about trading you must be willing to sacrifice your time and money. school of pipsology teaches you basics.

start trading on a demo till you have enough confidence. do not practice with your real money no matter how small it is to you. do not trade without stop loss