How many trades do you take in a week on average?

Really depends on the price movements and my strategy in accordance. but one thing i make sure is i am certain about by entry and exit points, if not i don’t trade.

1 Like

I would say one trade because in the later period I am opening a trade that last few weeks.
Price turns around but do not hit my SL and after days it reverses and closes with TP but that time can be days or weeks.

Last trade I had open it took 6 weeks to hit TP after being in negative.

On average 2-3 through a year.

2 Likes

I take what the markets offer me. I never force a trade. Few things will blow your account more quickly than forcing trades.

I trade the D1, and open about half a dozen positions a month right now. Some weeks might offer me three signals, other weeks none at all. When I was trading the H1, I was opening 12-18 positions per month. There would still be some weeks where I would not be in the market at all.

Trade one strategy. Trade it well. Ignore everything else. Over time you can slowly add strategies to your toolbox.

4 Likes

there is no specific answer to this question , because it completely depends on price movements and of course the strategy that i have using. sometimes whole week i dont trade.

On average how many do you take? Are there times when you don’t have any trades at all? Sometimes I really can’t find any good setups then I force some trades just so I have a trade for the week. :sweat:

2 Likes

Usually i’ll place 5-6 entry orders a week and maybe 1-2 are triggered. There are many weeks were no entry orders are triggered and sometimes I dont even have any pending entries. I’ve learned to let the market come to me.

I used to force trades back in the day but the market has a way of correcting you. Lets just say i’ve learned my lesson :grin:

1 Like

Maybe; 4 to 5! But when I do scalping then maybe more than 20!

1 Like

Depends what the markets are like.

1 Like

Have done only 1 or 2 before but some weeks have done 20+

1 Like

The total number of trades in week, it is really can not be measured by me. There is no average from my side, as it is never a same number.

About 6-7 but I record more losses than gains :slightly_frowning_face:

Sometimes I feel pressured to open a trade even if it doesn’t follow the rules of the system I’m doing. :sweat:

What if a week passes without a trade, are you ok with that? :sweat:

2-3 a year?! :open_mouth:

Hi @CoinLady,

thanks for the note.
2-3 trades per week.

1 Like

Hehe no problem. I got confused but thanks for clearing it up. :blush:

1 Like

I trade when I see good signal to open a trade. That may happen once a day or several times a day or not happen at all.

The thing is I get a bit anxious when I can’t find a trade. :sweat:

Thankfully hasn’t happened anything like that yet. if it does, will let know what i did :joy:

1 Like

It happens to me sometimes and I get worried so I force some trades. :sweat: That’s why I wonder what others do in a similar situation.