How much did you start trading forex with?

I do not think it is a good idea to deposits 1000 at first stage of forex trading. I think many of us agree with me. I do not know why are you taking this much risk! Try your broker demo trading before deposits big amount. Otherwise you can lose your all money.

I agree because I think a newbie has a 99% chance of blowing that 1st account up sooner rather than later

I deposited $250 to open an account and another $500 dollars for my trading,But that’s not the real case actually for “new” investors. What you have to understand is how much money you are willing to lose on trading.

I also invest $250 first time . I decide to invest this amount after demo trading. But unluckily I had less skill of trading , I loose 40% of my investment in just few days then I go for practice again . This thing save my rest of investment and I was able to grow it.

As a new trader I have started Forex with $200 and within 3 days I almost lost all, I was not greedy, but tried to take revenge from here after losing. Actually it was an emotion, and so many traders fall a great trouble when trading because of this human nature.

I feel $300 is the max for new trader. Plus the 300$ must be the spare money u able to take the loses.don’t use the money to trade if it for family use. Family come first

I invest in standard account $250 as a beginner . It was enough amount for me. Although this amount is low when we see other people invested in forex. I want to get experience of real trading with this amount so that I will not loose a big amount without any experience.

1 Like

I think, almost all of new traders start their live trading by crashing their real money! I lost my 1st live trading account in the 4th morning! Even, I lost 60% equity by one sell trade on EUR/USD.

Don’t see the amount low. If u trade well it will grow

Hey W, 100 k USD. OPM

The Ever Fortunate VIPER

How much do you need to start!!! It depends on a lot of different variables, such as how much do you have? How much do you want to trade? What kind or type of trader you are? You should find those answers first then I think you would know how much you need to start forex. But whatever it is I would like to suggest do not deposit big money please for the start up.

I agree with you! It can be good enough for testing emotions and greed in real market! But for trading purpose, its really very small.

i will start only with 300$… though it is a small amount but it does not a matter at all. it will be a big one if i can carry it by good trading.

if you are starting with a small amount like few hundred dollars, what broker can you use? Do all of them let you trade with small amount, or do they require some sort of minimum?
thank you!

For me $300 is enough for me to experience what its like trading live, to get a feel or the emotions that comes with trading live. 5 months into live trading my account is flactuating between 200 to 250, still fine tuning the strategy that im currently on.

There are a lot of brokers out there which accept very small initial deposits and allow trading with microlots, so it’s not really a problem to trade in this manner.

I started my trading with amount of $100 and you are going to start with 1000$ which is perfect and ideal amount and you can survive efficiently with this amount, so don’t be fearful and start with full confidence.

I kicked off my live account with also $1000 but honestly speaking didn’t get the result I expected but I thought it is enough balance to earn 15-20% in a month according to balance. actually I did lose because there was no strong money managing plan even though I have satisfied with my strategy. that’s why besides good trading strategies it is more appropriate to ensure powerful money managing plan, otherwise sufficient trading balance can be valueless.

1 Like

I started real trading on micro accounts with $20 . It was a 3 months period I make my self trained to understand live market and its trading. Then in standard account my first investment was of $250. It was also a low amount but for me it was a appropriate amount. I did not want to invest high amount that I will not able to manage correctly.

That is probably the most prudent approach. I wish I had done that when I first started trading.