How much do you factor in other trading costs, beside low spreads and low commission, before you select a broker?

Are there any forex brokers those have less commissions and low spreads with no minimum balance requirement?

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen any zero deposit brokers, but you can check out some brokers with a minimum of $5 like fxview, fbs, hotforex and xm, all are great picks.

@Slonce Coinexx, commission is only a dollar per side per lot, and spreads are low.

Aside from the direct costs of trading (commissions & spreads) I look at the minimum deposit requirement, associated deposit/withdrawal costs, and then check terms & conditions to see if there are any hidden fees for things like inactivity or account maintenance.

1 Like

I cant say its a deal breaker but we should look into it of course, as traders we weigh in our best optins to maximise profits. so yeah

1 Like

The swap rates. I suggest trading with Islamic account types.

As a busy/lazy person, I took into consideration, if my broker will produce necessary tax forms. For me this is cost of preparing this myself (time) or delegating to some accounting office (actual fee).

Looking at all the responses here Iā€™ve compiled a list of brokers with features that most traders look for.

Brokers with no min deposit requirements - Roboforex, think markets

Low spreads and commission brokers - turnkeyforex, lmfx, tickmill

Brokers with low swaps - fxchoice, icm, fp markets

Any suggestions for brokers with crypto deposit options and no inactivity and withdrawal fees?

Being regulated is a must for me, I canā€™t entrust my funds to anyone without any sense of security of funds and accountability. Especially with the sad experiences I have had in the past. Another thing I also appreciate is visibility, they should have an office/s.
I remember what happened before I registered with forexchief, I practically had to go to the site of the agency that is regulating them to see if they are listed and tried hard to verify all the addresses mentioned on their site. It turned out well, so am keeping my fingers crossed.

Deposite and withdrawal methods, I remember trying to withdraw with aafx via skrill, horrible experience

@charissaeason Can add Fxview, It allows deposits in BTC and has no funding fee.

aximtrade min deposit is only $1 as well so that worth adding to the list and they are regulated by ASIC.

Besides tight spreads, I look for low commissions and no withdrawal fee.

Low spreads are not enough if one wants to reduce the total trading expense. One should compare brokers for all the costs be it inactivity fee, spreads, commissions, swaps, withdrawal fee etc.

Fund security is a major reason for me to select a certain broker. I will be using my money and I donā€™t want to waste it. I always check brokerā€™s fund security policy and read what their previous customers have to say about them.

It would be helpful if you add these suggestions in the op, might be a good help to newbies looking for info on low cost brokers.
As for brokers with no withdrawal fees, justforex is one good option.

Something I have always seen as an important factor that every trader should look out for after other important factors is system of payment of the broker. You have to check this one, because it can be annoying having issues with deposit and withdrawal after all the efforts we have made to trade.
One reason I have appreciated Forexchief over the period I have been with them, so many easy options for payment system with no commission and a good negative balance protection.