How much does the average forex trader make?

Hi, Has the person making +10-+100% written anything about their methodologies ?? It would be a wonderful read for some of us just making their way. If they have something I would like to arrange to purchase it. If there is nothing yet could you please relay my idea/request and pass along my id here so that perhaps there could be direct contact ? Thank you very much !! shudsonjr

Hi shudsonjr ,this is just my opinion but dont pay anyone for anything,you can get all the information you,ll ever need free on the net,it just takes time,why not start with this sites school,its free.and its briliant,theres a lot of people out there only too keen to part you with your cash,and most of them are rip off merchants,so save your cash for when you start to trade(1year+ minimum).Anyway thats what I think.Good luck on your journey.

Yes, Thank you for your good advice. I was overzealous when I read that +10% to + 100% range the chap quoted. It was probably pure fabrication. I am wanting to shorten my time to gain enough knowledge to be successful. I am seeing everyone saying that it takes 1-2 yrs. to perfect. I want to enjoy the fruits of this labor. I am 63 so with what life span I have left I will pursue with great force and hopefully can get there in short order. Thank you for your wish of good luck. Have a blessed day. :slight_smile:

Nice reply Shudsonjr thank you for that at 63 youve still plenty of time to make it and I wish you the very best:)

Well i disagree
Because demoing is one thing
but when you add real money in your account YOU THINK OF LOSSES DIFFERENT
I started with demoing
did 2 months
then created cent acc and started to get engaged in real
started to feel the flow of money and did some great work developing my trading system what makes 10-20% monthly
Just do your homework exploring the market, learning new and new things to expand your mind about trading and learn over and over agai bout traders psichology (this is one very important thing)
Demo just every new strategy what you find good enaugh for you

Good luck pippin’!!!

pardon my english :slight_smile:

Id have to agree with Nev (see earlier post)most of us mere mortals couldent hope to make a consistant profit after 2 months,demo or real,you did well arvirs,better than I did thats for sure,and good on you,I still recon it takes 1-2 years to get consistant,Id agree withyou that you feel differently on demo than you do on real though,I suppose we each know our limitations,and how we best learn,real accounts can be a costly excersize for the il’linformed,so be careful out there.good luck,you’ll need it.

And the more you practice the more you’ll make your own luck.

Not to worry about stories about 95% of people failing in forex, what about the % that ‘are’ making it and finding out what they are doing.

I just focus for now on making 30 pips a day (600pips a month) with a $1000 account and with the power of compound interest … by next year…you get the picture.

“The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.” – Ayn Rand

Practising on a demo sure helps to make sure you don’t go in unprepared. How long you use demo is personal so no one can really tell you how long to use it. (I still use it for testing wacky strategies) Only difference I’ve found from demo to live is that on live you make less money, not because your trades are worse, but because you close them early out of fear of loss & miss out on half the opportunities we don’t dare to take even when we know they’re good.

Best thing about trading is if you miss today’s forex bus, there’s one tomorrow.

I’ll just end with my best quote: “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Good practice with your Trading.

Well, you can do it full time in the future. But you’ll need a LOT of experience and commitment.

Stop trading now. Start observing how the market moves and do research. I research by asking and answering questions.
When my target market goes up, what market goes up before it? When my target market goes down which market goes down ahead of it? What does the beginning of the trend look like? What does the end of the trend look like? When central banks do this,what happens to my market? What are they likely to do next? When interest rates do this what happens? When does my market move with most thrust? What does a head look like? What does the bottom look like? What is a pivot? Whats is a wave? Which indicators are most reliable? What are market cycles and how do they move? What effects market cycles? I am sure you can think of other Forex Questions and answers. kgcken.

1 Like

To answer the first post

I think most trade earn about 1% -5% of there account balance per month

You can risk more and earn more - but I think most ppl targets are in that range

Managed fund try to get 10+ %

I have read here and other site the general rule is to aim for 5% return but only risking 3% of account balance

So more risk = more return but larger lost

1 Like

I have been in this industry for quiet a while, I see traders accounts all the time, I know a lot of traders and from experience I tell you, yes indeed demo is useful as an experience, but it will never be as useful as having a real account.

On demo you will not be able to assess your abilities, all you can see are the technicalities of the platform, learn how it works, and how to place trades, and also you are lucky if the price feed you get on demo is the same as the real account.

Go on a real account after you have learnt what to do on the demo, trade small lot sizes, in order to control your emotions and psychology. No use trading demo for more than 3 Months, then you will get used to it and will be surprised and panicked when you start on the real account and realize that the quality of the execution matters a lot, and you never have the same execution on demo as on a real account, this is impossible to implement.

Regards
A.Sara

1 Like

Remember on a small fraction of you will ever make money in trading. Blunt but you wont make, your broker will give you just some belief in your system before you get nailed. Most who aspire to be a trader fail to reconcile the fact that the market is not your business it belongs to the big funds and banks and there job is to attract you within the make believe Facade to nail you. Like a credit card they increase your credit to lock you in debt for life. Here a free RSI and heres a free MT4 platform, there job is to attract your money and keep the 10% in a nice lifestyle thanks to your cash. Trading is extremely easy but majority of fokes looking for some trading system thats why you loose and will always loose. Been making money from this for 15 years due to some common sense. Thats all you need. Theres only 24 days a year in forex you have a small window to make a lot of money. The remaining days is the Cash market and thats he money we need to fill profit taking.

sorry but that is the facts

its real easy trading, but hard to learn, as the entire net is dedicated with marketing all business need marketing to attract the crowd. fx is no different. the banks will give you a credit card and when you are doing good they will increase your credit to mess up your life to get you locked in. Funny how the banks do not teach how to manage your credit card. Forex is the same, they give you free until they break you. thats how i make money from broken accounts. the sheep will gang together and and hound until one sheep goes over the cliff the rest follow. And all whats left is there belief in something that worked once. There is no random price action in the market and you should see a chart knowing what the 4 main participants are doing. If you think you can buy here and there without know that time is more important then price then you have not even a 1% chance of surviving. UJ high right now is last nfp low. and the uj high right now was launched from FMOC, dump the strategies and learn to be an investor and understand the auction process and value then you can start earning. Entire activity this month NFP shorts covered with FMOC longs. Both compounded on the train.
What you need to know:
Dow Theory
3 points
Market profile
the 4 market participants
Big time frame pivots
That will get you understanding value, market is a auction, not a 24 hour supermarket

1 Like

wanna swap that for a mac d

Nothing to fear… I think. Let’s start with a little investment. No risk… no gain… I believe.

Wish u the best!!! amigo…

This doesn’t answer your question exactly, but I came across an article that said only 34.2% of forex traders make money. The article goes into more detail about the difference between profitable and non-profitable traders. I’ll post the link when I can but it was at piphut.

If I add up my contribution, necromancy will be stronger.

Jokes aside, theoretically they can make anywhere from 0% to 100% per month.

But, theoretically… :confused:

Yes True, As far as I know some traders make around 5 - 6 % per month which is easily achievable

-10% to 20% per month…

1 Like