How much does the average forex trader make?

Saying if Marginfx is not final it is his own perception . May be traders get more or less than it . No body will believe on others thinking until he himself mot gain the results. Just discussions are not real that average trader surely make this much or that much . One should test himself in trading.

How much an average trader makeā€¦! I guess that an average trader can either make enough profits to pay off their utility bills easily.

Then clearly you guess wrongly: the ā€œaverage traderā€ [B][U]loses[/U][/B] money.

Hi Yarcofin,

I think the AVERAGE trader would lose their entire capital by year end and quit forex trading altogether.
There is no average trader that can survive. Only Inhuman trader survive and thrive. Those making 10% per year are wasting their life away.

Probably 30k to 50k of initial deposit to make a decent living at it.

I donā€™t think there is a difference, a trader is a trader. Their return depends on their trading edge.

You started with $10,000 balance and SOME DAYS you can be up $1000 or MORE!!! I think you are probably taking too much risk by entering a huge position lot size.

Going full-time after a few months of demo trading is highly not recommended.
Many Years of experience are required to profit consistently from forex trading.
Only the best survive in this field, average ones eventually give up.

I can agree with you. Technically everyone who engages in trading is an average trader. If you are on baby pips you are most likely an average trader. Thereā€™s a lot more people losing then winning.

ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦

I agree 100%

The problem is that a lot of us here advise other newbies, when, truly,.we have no qualifications or proven track record to do soā€¦I am officially a failed trader and I am pretty much done hanging around Babypips forumā€¦yet there is no way to stop other failed traders coming on here and giving bad adviceā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€¦

Thanks, Truthā€¦

Just for the record,

Truth said that I am not a failure as a personā€¦

I am a son, a brother, a partner, and now a fatherā€¦

Not sure why you have deleted your beautiful post, Truth.

Itā€™s baffling a few of us bro. Itā€™s not often we get snippets of wisdom here. Truth looked liked he was here to stay. We desperately need more like him. Maybe he broke the secret ancient code and was banished by the elders???

I think that is exactly what must have happened, Bob :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, shameā€¦

The amount a trader makes is very associated with how much he has learned. So the average he makes is tied with his experience.

Iā€™m interested in a legitimate, specific answer to this question as well. For the current era that is, Iā€™m sure this number fluctuates quite as frequently as global economies fluctuate. What Iā€™d like to know is the average salary of the popularly proposed ā€œ10%ā€ of successful Spot Forex retail traders alone is, not adding in the other Market type traders or how much Forex Hedge Funds are putting out.

I do not think thereā€™s any statistics of it. Forget about how much other people are making. Every person is different from both mentally and physically. Develop your skills by studying and practicing in the demo. Try to develop a system of your own trading. Every successful trader has their own trading style.

What you are trying to know is quite relative to answer.Because, how much a trader will earn is dependent on the maturity of him as a trader. A new trader will obviously earn lesser than professional trader. I am as a new trader earn 15% of my investment on average.

Developing trading skill is the foremost way to keep survive in here with consistency, but trading in demo we canā€™t develop our skill , because the experience we gather from demo works not in live account. I have seen according to my trading experience. so it is more appropriate to use micro account instead of demo to develop trading strategies.

DEMO is DEMO. It gives huge money to exploit and you would be in the relaxed state money making for fun.

My case? I was obsessed making money and even tried to make over 120ā‚¬ a day from 4-5 tradings and now ended up making money with 6 Nasdaq sells and lost all. One thing goes wrong and all lost situation happened.
The strategy for the small deposit would be the limited payment.

Yes it is ,swing trade ,never scalp or day trader ,coz most traders that lose scalp ,so donā€™t join them

I think the account type does not really matter but real account has a way of giving responsibility and seriousness.

Personally, I think you can trade on a real or demo account for 2 or more years and be as you are or even worst off.
Most traders donā€™t actually stick to any particular strategy and this usually hinder them from learning all that they can.

I personally think you should first develop a strategy and then observe it as long as you can either on a demo account or real account or else you will find yourself moving in a circle repeating the same mistakes over and over again. This comes from personal experience as I am a veteran forex trader.