How much is the minimum capital to invest?

do you like micro account sometimes instead of demo ? because , sometimes we lost motivation after passing some steps in here .

before demo trading i don’t recommend at all micro account , this approach can make beginner emotional and greedy when trading practically.

The best idea is to use the money you won’t feel sorry for in case you lose while tradig on forex. The thing is, you are most likely to loose this money, are especially if you are new here.

1 Like

I always advise the new traders to invest that money on this market which is not of their regular use and which will not effect their daily budget. If you have a good strategy and market knowledge then you can start with the smaller capital account. But larger investments have their own importance as well.

Yes learning strategy and skill is a lengthy period , Before this stage trader has to decide how much he should invest. His early investment can be little because he is getting experience. Then he can decide for high or affordable investment when his trading is really resulting in good.

its a complicated issue , with powerful strategy there is a chance to survive in here with lowest capital but not for all time , market is much volatile and of course we have to ensure large capital if we want to sustain here with successfully.

Many are not ready to move slowly with micro account, even when they have great strategy- greed

Whatever minimum amount you are willing to lose. Your appetite for risk comes into play here. So, minimum capital investment will be different for everyone.

No amount one should be willing to lose. Just learn how to trade well

Yes you’re right. What I meant to say was that your minimum capital should be that amount which you can reasonably endure to lose so that you don’t go broke or put a constraint on your finances. This will vary from person to person but one should not be too reckless in deciding this minimum investment. Of course nobody wants to lose any money but in forex that is not always a guarantee. But like you said if one learns to trade intelligently this risk can be minimized to some extent.

Actually, there is nothing wrong with losing money. It should be expected as an inevitability!

Essentially, forex trading is not about certainties, it is all about probabilities. This means we will meet with both gains and losses. The core of successful trading is to design one’s risk/money management to ensure that losses are minimised whilst gains are maximised. This is optimising your trading and it should receive just as much consideration in your trading planning as your decisions concerning market direction.

Losses do not matter at all…provided the gains are bigger :slight_smile: Losses in trading are like the overhead expenses in any other business. - i.e. the inevitable cost of making a profit………

1 Like

There are no limitations in forex trading. I was reading somewhere that almost $1.5 trillion dollars are traded everday in forex. The best thing about forex trading is that anyone can trade with no discrimination of region, country, etc.

The ideal money to invest in forex is around $1k. But you can start trading from $5…

100% agree. In your trading career you’ll definitely see some losses also. But as long as our gains exceed losses it’s okay. Moreover, losing trades tell you where you went wrong and how not to repeat the same mistakes again.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what is the minimum deposit amount. You can trade with just $10. The most important thing is that if you are ready for forex or not. Spend some time in free demo account trading and see if have any future in forex trading.

You must have to start with smaller investments. A man learns from his mistakes. You must make some mistakes at initial stage of trading. So don’t invest larger amount on initial stage because at that level you didn’t afford the huge loss.

If you are starting out, don’t use real money! If you want to join the 90% of people that lose 90% or more of their money in the first 90 days or less, go ahead, put money into a live trading account and trade away. If you want to be successful in the long term, it’s quite simple, and just the same as anything else in life worth having, put the time in consistently over 2-3 years minimum and results should start to come. If you believe the BS online and think it can come much sooner you are most likely mistaken. Mastering the technical is one thing, mastering your trading psychology is another and for many this is every bit as challenging as mastering the technical, if not harder. So trade on your demo account at least until you can generate consistent monthly returns over a period of at least 6 months, then you should have the confidence to start trading live but only if you are not being sucked into the typical trading pitfalls for someone who has not developed the traders state of mind. Until you master this you will struggle to be successful. Highly recommend Rande Howell for guidance in this area.

A friend asked me this question recently. I suggested a number low enough that they wouldn’t be screwed when they lose it, but it needs to be high enough that they don’t stop trading their plan and start gambling because “it’s only £X” then are surprised when they blow their account.

$500 minimum is about as low as you can go.

I think that the minimum amounts of investment required can be $100