How much money did you invest when you started trading?

@anon81929759

I blew about 5 demo’s before i tried with my precious real money, And i only put into broker
Half of what i am willing to risk and keep the other half ready just in case.
If looking at it as in a business then £250 / £500 is not a lot of capital really is it what other LEGAL business can you start for that.?

that’s right
if you look at like a business that IS SUPPOSED TO BE PROFITABLE, it’s not much

from time to time people ask me how to start a (non forex) business cheaply.
depending on their experience i might suggest

for Cleaners, around $800 odd gets you your equipment and another $1000 odd gets you marketing and customers for a year
so… Under $2,000 that’s not bad
and you can get that back in around 2 weeks to a month

if the buy is a computer tech or electrician
go to Bunnings, spend around $300 - $400 to get your basic tools
then either get your own clients via ads on gumtee or spend around $1000 to have them delivered to you
so around $1300 - $1500
this is usually the cheapest type of businesses you will start

so why newbies whinge about starting with $200 in forex, i’ll never understand
you ask them to start with like $1,000 - $1,500 and they have a whinge

hehe… Great attitude,
that’ll definitely take you far hehe
i mean nothing says Multi Millionaire at Forex like a guy who is so tight that he doesn’t want to fork out $100 for a business hehe
but expects millions to be given to him just for going on a forum and saying
hi guys, how do i make 50 pips a day, Please help
LMFAO
you gotta love it

1 Like

Welp, It’s pretty easy to lose loads of money as a begginer, i wouldn’t find weird if he emptied not let’s say 100K, but something more manoeuvrable… Let’s say 10K down as it’s his first live account
Anyhow, you have a point on trying to get him to think for himself, that’s a good approach

Thank you, i believe if you are going to HELP SOMEONE, you should help them.
if you follow my meaning

it’s one thing to want to help
it’s another thing to actually help

Yes, low trading investment is always useful as experimental capital! By the way, all the best for your learning process!

Sometimes figuring out how to properly help someone is harder than actually doing it.
And sometimes trying to help can actually have the opposite effect

Indeed it can, History has proven that

So, what’s your solution?

Actually, I started with a demo account, and then later I invested dozens of dollars, now it’s already hundreds and thousands on my depo.

Yes, I just want to have an idea. I still have a long journey before going live and enough time to save :money_mouth: for my live account.

So far I remember my first deposit was 300$. Without learning I started my trading. And the ultimate result was predictable. In a NFP release I got margin call. Even I had no idea why the market fluctuated so much. Later I came to it’s NFP. So don’t invest before gathering enough knowledge.