How much money have you lost trading?

So you lost something, right? It would be great if members here announce the amount they lost or % of maximum drawdown to equity. Then we can make conclusions about average attitude to risk of forums members here. It would be useful for other rookie traders.

1 Like

I keep losing, mostly because I deposit small amounts and try to trade with a high risk to make maximum profits quickly, with high leverage, and also it seems that as soon as I put a trade, the price seems to go in the opposite direction as if on purpose. I donā€™t know how many times I lost. But I refuse to give up.

1 Like

@sprotz

Maybe you should try a different approach.

Or much higher time frame?

KC

1 Like

I considered higher timeframes, but it does not fit with my impatient nature.

1 Like

Well there you go! :rofl:

Yoda, you must meet and learn. Nature, patient it is.

Continue what you are doing, if you must, but I would suggest putting on one trade of .01 lots based on the daily charts and let it ride. Give it some time to grow.

KC

1 Like

Agreed. If battling with an impatient nature, multiply the number of (small!) long-term trades you are running. With a little luck something will be closing on several days of the week and its always nice to actually see progress at the bottom line.

1 Like

I donā€™t see the usefulness of that at all, but youā€™re welcome to post whatever results you have experienced.

1 Like

Losses are inevitable in forex trading, and its a common thing to incur losses and profits in any kind of business whatsoever. I have lost and made profits every now and then, but I still press on and hope to improve every single day. After all, patience and determination are the keys to success in this market

2 Likes

Letā€™s just say that as a newbie I lost more than I could afford to lose. :frowning:

1 Like

Lost over Ā£1M - but that means nothing without context, as Iā€™ve made a lot more than Iā€™ve lost, eventually.

Anyone starting out, will no doubt lose and lose, then lose less and less, over time your wins will negate all your previous loses.

3 Likes

Well, the end result is what matters after all.

1 Like

If you understand that why do you repeat mistakes? Remember that volatility doesnā€™t forgive such mistakes.

1 Like