How much money should i start with?

Honestly things would be so much better if we focus on education than money; I believe once you are educated enough then figures are just irrelevant, as we can make it big even from 1 dollar, so it’s all about the ability that needs to be there rather than the figures….

I started with $100 and that’s good amount to begin and after some period, we can increase the investment according to our comfort.

FIFY

my trading account has 1:1000 leverage (it started with 1:100 when I was a newbie) giving me control of 153580usd(or 153.58usd real moneys) :smiley: my bank balance is still only -100usd

in all seriousness if you need more then 100usd to trade on forex, that money should come from profits not bank accounts

i highly doubt you need more than that considering the price change in a single day on that leverage level is enough to multiply the net worth of said account by 8 times… (or destroy it 8 times over)

Hello everyone,as a new trader i wanted to know with what amount should i start trading in a live account and if possible i want my question to be answered by someone experienced enough,thank you

Antonis,
Difficult to put a number on it as we all have different incomes, expenses, commitments, etc, and live in different places.
The best advice I can offer is that whatever the number is, it should be a figure you can afford to lose without it upsetting you, let alone it causing you any short term hardship. If you have savings, it shouldn’t really exceed more than 10% of those as you may need your savings for something unforseen.
Good luck in your trading

According to me if you are new in trading you need to learn about trading before invest your money. Because there are the chance of loosing money over there. so first read and learn.

look, ok, this might sound a little bit weird to most people here but:

socrates once said: we only learn from the mistakes that hurt us.

find a level of money that hurts you loosing, but not to much that it endangers your wellbeeing.

demo youll learn nothing.
if you go in with too much it will hurt u too much, youll drop out.

if you really want to have some sort of future in trading, it must cost you in the beginning enough that it hurts you. otherwise you wont learn. if you arent able to take losses then you should turn around and find another profession.

take a look at your targets. what do you ant to achive with trading? quit your job have more money then before you had? evaluate what is this “chance” worth to you.

people who have a paycheck of 3000/month take a loan from bank to open a company with 100.000. they go all in, they risk all, they quit their job and depend only on tht new company without knowing if it will ever pay off. Why? because they want to be their own boss and they speculate that if it turns out good theyll earn much more in future.

thats how much their “dream” is worth to them.

threat trading like a real company, dont take it too easy but for god sakes please dont take a mortgage to trade. that above was just an example.

Start with knowledge then any amount will be enough to start off with.

If you invest good amount of money then its better but you should be very careful in doing that , investing good sum would help in managing trades.

If you are a newbie better start on a small capital for you just try first if it will work for you and if your strategy would be effective for good result of your trade.And then if it work then you can now use large amount of funds to use on your trades.

if you try account demo, should be appropriate funds want you deposit in a real account

Demo account is good for checking your skills and knowledge but in the decision on how much to invest in real account is very critical

Indeed especially Demo doesn’t have any emotional affect but real account do.

You are right, and I think that using demo account is useless. Let’s using demo contest in these link. its held every weeks/ so you will have a chance to get real money and its challenging so much…

Demo is quite useful for back test but still, you have to be very discipline no matter in demo or real.

150 dollars…

No matters how much u fund u put in account, just invest only 30% of ur capital n other is to safe side to be stable in any market condition And for take advantage of good opportunities comes unexpectedly. Good luck

Enough to make you feel uncomfortable to lose, but not too much to make you terrified of loosing.

Hey mom, do you realise that the question you’re answering was asked [B][U]over 6 years ago[/U][/B]?

I mention it only because you haven’t been here long, and I’m concerned for the family reputation: sometimes it’s a good idea to read the threads before you reply to them, you know? (And by the way, it’s spelled “losing” - “loosing” is something different altogether). :wink:

They key and more safe, just use not more than 5% of your capital in a broker. Then make really planned order and based on calculation. One more, move away from big news. No one will able to avoid the disaster while big news coming. I use this trick in liteforex and fxpro…