How Realistic is This?

Well, I didn’t say you can’t make money in retail, but a consistent 3% per month, I would like to see the certified/audited paper for that. While being small makes you more agile, it can limit your income a bit. But 10 - 50 mio, with 20% of 12 to 20% per year is not a bad living, especially if you live in a low cost state. By the way 10-50 mio is easy liquidity to fill.
But 36% per year, not reasonable to me, STGTBT.

The Ever Stalking VIPER

Im in no way expert on institutional trading, or trading in general. But my two cents on the subject is this. There are several differences on institutional and retail traders, but the biggest ones are leverage, liquidity and risk. And they go hand in hand. Institutional traders usually use much smaller leverages if none, than the retail traders. Partly because of liquidity but mostly because of the risk. With bigger risks come bigger rewards, but it’s just not an option for billiondollar hedge fund to go bust. They have strict rules on risk management. And with leverage liquidity comes even more of an problem for an large fund.

As an retail trader you can decide to risk more for more gain, and yes, this very thing is the downfall of many many traders. The most common mistake one can make is over leveraging. But if you do it succesfully, you can make more than even the best hedgefunds do. If I manage to dublicate my succes from last time I traded, Ill post an myfxbook link here. Will be a year or so tho, but in a meanwhile here is an interview of an trader who claims to have done even better. Everyone can decide on their own if they trust him. ( And no, didn’t do nearly as well as he did, but better than 26%)

1 Like