How to be sure that your stop-loss is not hunted? :)

And doesn’t the spread kill you on this???

(assuming question was toward me)If the trend is my friend, not. It makes big jackpots. :tada:

Well: you’d better keep using it while you still can!!! LOL!!! Because sooner or later the only place you’re going to be able to do that will be with a broker in Belize. And believe me they’ll find some way to make sure that thing doesn’t execute both sides simultaneously!!! LOL!!!

Nope. Was asking @Trendswithbenefits.

But you’re a confusing person!!! LOL!!! If you’re following trends then to me it follows that you’re trading long term. So why are you worried about stops being hunted and spreads??? Go with the flow. Pay your broker some pips. Chill. Be happy!!! LOL!!!

my trading is very complicated, I decide on conditions occurred. I’m happy to read all strategies that is already written on internet or books, and get some idea about them. My goal is finding a consistent way to reach 50% monthly, any time-frame.

Not YOU!!!

I was referring to @campione’s post.

Well when you find out how to consistently generate 50% per month you let me know.

Well it’s been really nice chatting with you both.

I need to try get some sleep (wide awake at the moment but it’s just turned 02h00 here in the morning so better I try anyway).

Take care. Chat soonest.

Regards,

Dale.

OK I’ll wait for you to finish typing!!! LOL!!!

You typing a novel or what??? LOL!!!

I watched it at no nonsense forex when it was first “put up”. I thought it was great! A lot of good things to consider.

KC

2 Likes

why not :blush:

Do you seriously mean to tell me that I’ve been sitting here waiting for you to type that message and that’s all I got??? LOL!!!

@Trendswithbenefits, was this a back test you did or did you find that intell on the net? This is something that has been on my simple mind.

tx,

KC

it was a complete system, I message you

1 Like

I’d just love to make 50% on my account - once in my life!

Now c’mon. If that’s true then I’d be curious to know exactly why. I mean to say: it’s really not like you don’t know what your’e talking about. So what’s the problem if there is one???

Seriously Tom. As I do with everybody of late I take a look at their other threads and posts (helps me to gauge whether I’m wasting my time dealing with an absolute idiot or with somebody just trying to peddle something i.e. you get the picture) and you’ve been around a while, dispense good advice, and, as I say, you seem to know what you’re talking about. So yeh: what’s the problem.

The above being said though: as I told somebody privately last night I really just do not buy into these huge monthly gains. There will be TIMES when 50% happens. Matter of fact I think I almost doubled my account in ONE DAY and that was as a result of the original BREXIT referendum (if it wasn’t double it was at least a 75% gain). And I wasn’t trading huge positions either (although I’ll admit that with hindsight they probably were too big for my account at the time). And it just so happened that my trading system had me on the right side at the time. But it FOR SURE could have gone the other way in exactly the same way as the other poor sods that were indeed on the wrong side of price that night/day. So it’s not the norm and it’s certainly something that cannot be factored in even when doing an honest average per month calculation. But 5% - 10% per month on average over a reasonable period??? That’s doable. So based on that: no reason why YOU cannot make 50% over a period ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!!! LOL!!! Unless of course you’re joking in which case this post is totally misplaced.

Yes OK, I have made 50% and sometimes in very short periods. The last time was the start of 2018. But after the rain comes the drought and the cycle re-commences. Hey-ho…

1 Like

when I level up that much, I come back here and give the free signals for you and @dpaterso and whoever interested so you can live your dreams with my signals lol :tada: :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t remember the exact year but when I attended several Forex Conventions in Las Vegas I was offered a programming position by several brokers including a large bank. The purpose was to search for trades at or near the same stoploss levels and randomly bundle trades to push the price to trigger stops. I turned them down and decided to switch to the daily timeframe. The brokers usually have someone on staff that studies the different methods taught and use that information as well, There was one group called the Market Maker Method that stressed a 23 pip stop and about a year after the method went public the price would turn at that stop level. I even saw one trade on my FXCM account signal short while Alpari already showed a reversal. 1 hour later FXCM showed the reversal. Brokers are in it to win and will use every tactic to do so until they get caught. BTW, I am a retired software engineer and have programmed MT4 experts and indicators since 2005, originally as MrPip on the various forums.

3 Likes