How to become a profitable and successful trader with your 9-7 job

First, I would be sure to keep your real job and don’t quit it or de-prioritize it or else you’ll get yourself into a bad spot. Fit learning to trade into your free time. You may not have a lot working a job, but it will be possible.

Perhaps don’t give up after 8 months?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice.

Stick to the H4 or D1 timeframe if you’ve got a 9-5. Lower timeframes require more chart watching. Practice with a demo account until you’ve developed a system that works for you. Then trade with real money.

IMO trading is a job, not a side job.

You already have a job, better stick to investing. I think Forex is not the best market to invest. I prefer to invest in stocks, as fundamental drivers are way easier to understand and calculate.

For trading, you need to be able to monitor your charts… try to get a job where you can work remotely, so you can freely manage your time, and dedicate at least 2 to 4 hours to day trading. Maybe London Opening… London session or new York Opening.

About profitability… you need to find and backtest a statisticall Edge … and in a very disciplined way, take advantage of It.

Without proper risk management and money management you’re doomed to fail, i feel like this should be a number one priority

And the best part is that once you’ve broken through your threshold of consistency, everything becomes automated, trading becomes your second nature, it won’t matter if you’re still working a 9 to 5 or not cause you’ll know and have results from your “learning curve” that the moment you step in into your trading session, you’ll do the right thing.

For me personally this is my ultimate goal in trading, mastering and reaching my desired level of consistency.

2 Likes

I like the mature attitude towards trading. You are not fooled (or trying to fool anyone) that the aim of trading is to buy a Bugatti Veyron.

1 Like

I can’t even imagine driving around in a car like this. haha But I can understand why one would want it.

It’s good to have a specific goal, isn’t it?

1 Like

Can you imagine a Skoda Octavia - that’s mine. I don’t think they’re even sold everywhere. Boring car, but goes like sh1t off a shovel.

(this ain’t me -

1 Like

Very nice.

I think I’m fine with a simple 1990 Honda Civic. Not mine but I’ve had a few Hondas in my time. You can buy them cheap, and they can last a long time. Manual transmission, of course, is the best option. You’d be surprised how many Americans can’t drive manual.

I’m never going back to Manual.

1 Like

Whether or not you will be profitable depends on what type of strategy you use in your trading. So try to use a flourished trading strategy.

To become a profitable trader, try to trade by following a proven trading strategy. The more you will trade, the more trading will be easier for you.