How to calculate R5 and S5

Hello, I would like to know the formula to calculate R5 and S5 for the “Camarilla” for the S&P 500 Futures (ES). I see the how to calculate it for R4-S4 on the Pivot Point Calculator as well as the formula used, I also need calculate it for R5 and S5. Thanks in advance for your help.

Darick

Hello Darick,

Here are the Camarilla pivot formulas for the 8 standard levels from the Babypips Tools page:

R4 = (H - L) x 1.1 / 2 + C
R3 = (H - L) x 1.1 / 4 + C
R2 = (H - L) x 1.1 / 6 + C
R1 = (H - L) x 1.1 / 12 + C

S1 = C - (H - L) x 1.1 / 12
S2 = C - (H - L) x 1.1 / 6
S3 = C - (H - L) x 1.1 / 4
S4 = C - (H - L) x 1.1 / 2

Here are the same formulas (arranged slightly differently) from the PivotBoss website*:

H4 = Close + RANGE × 1.1/2
H3 = Close + RANGE × 1.1/4
H2 = Close + RANGE × 1.1/6
H1 = Close + RANGE × 1.1/12

L1 = Close – RANGE × 1.1/12
L2 = Close – RANGE × 1.1/6
L3 = Close – RANGE × 1.1/4
L4 = Close – RANGE × 1.1/2

Notes:

• The resistance levels are labeled R1 through R4 in the Babypips formulas, and H1 through H4 in the PivotBoss formulas. The support levels also have different labels.

• At first glance, the Babypips formulas for the resistance levels appear to be different from the PivotBoss formulas. However, the formulas are equivalent – they are simply arranged differently. The Babypips formulas and the PivotBoss formulas yield exactly the same results.

• Camarilla Pivots do not identify an actual Pivot Point. However, the Camarilla Resistance and Support levels are symmetrical around the Close. So, we can say that yesterday’s close is today’s pivot point.

The PivotBoss site offers the following formulas for H5 and L5 (which would be called R5 and S5 in the Babypips scheme):

• H5 = (High/Low) × Close

• L5 = Close – (H5 – Close)

Additional Notes:

• The formulas for these two levels do not follow the pattern of the 8 standard levels
    (which is: Close ± Range x 1.1/n).

• There is no universal agreement on what the formulas should be for H5 and L5 in the Camarilla system. Other sources have offered different formulas for H5 and L5.

*PivotBoss website: The Camarilla Equation Explained | PivotBoss | Own the Market

1 Like