How to follow what big banks do?

I’m definitely not paying to go to this Online Trading Academy thing, but I was curious how do you copy doing what the “big banks” do? That’s what they say they do on their infomercial? Do you look for volume spikes? Seems to me that by the time you identify a volume spike, you’ve already missed the boat.

clearly… you are a smart little cookie hehe
That’s correct.

Mate, it’s a commerical
and Every commercial says “Trade with us, We do what the big banks do and have the inside information” etc etc

well. Insider trading is illegal first of all hehe, so… yeah.

Now the answer to your question
Unless you work at the big banks, you don’t really know what they do,
do you need to know ?..NO
Just focus on being profitable

NOW. FOR THE PURE COMICAL VALUE OF THIS
I’ve decided to poke fun at the TESTIMONIALS SECTION of that broker

(because you mentioned them, i’ve decided to have a bit of a look and it was a royal laugh, i can assure you)

HERE ARE MY FAVOURITES

coming in at #1 NO QUESTION ABOUT IT
WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO USE BIG WORDS THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND LMFAO

WHAT…HANG ON. HARRY,…LET’S GOOGLE THAT BIG WORD hehe

IDIOT… lol

NOW
Rico claims that AFTER 1 DAY he was given the Secret.

TAKE NOTE NEWBIES… ACCOUNT FOR “WIGGLE ROOM” hehe LMFAO :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

SEE… 95% of traders lose because THEY DON’T ACCOUNT FOR WIGGLE ROOM, Hallelujah, we’ve been saved
i have an idea, let’s get babypips to make a WIGGLE ROOM CALCULATOR hehe

Perhaps Clifton should have taught rico how to spell GRATEFUL and TRULY hehe
this is just pure comedy gold
when beginners think that the answer can be given to them in 1 day LOL

MOVING ON…

SO… LET SEE IF I UNDERSTAND THIS CORRECTLY

Susan C has NO KNOWLEDGE and NO EXPERIENCE
and yet she is somehow able to say that this is excellent education in Trading
WHAT ???

that’s like a person saying
I’ve never touched a car in my life, i don’t know even know where the engine bay is
but a guy showed me how to open the bonnet ,i thought that the level of knowledge that i got in this mechanical engineering course was astounding.
he walked me through it… Step by Step… Absolute professional , would highly recommend him to anyone.
LOL
OH MY GOD (Face Palm)

1 More… ok

now…
ok, Izzat reckons they can push you to BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF
ok… Fair enough

AND THEN… WATCH IN 3 MONTHS WHEN IZZAT COMES BACK AND SAYS “I BLEW UP MY ACCOUNT”
LOL
Be all that you can be mate… Definitely hehe (Cue… the National Anthem) hehe

thank you for mentioning this site to me
this was a great laugh and laughter is the best medicine

i hope everyone enjoyed these posts
OH… FYI, there’s 5 More pages of this stuff on this apparently,
i’m going to continue reading them… BE COOL

1 Like

That’s why the only way you can attempt to copy what “the big banks” do is to identify volume spikes.

The finger-prints of the big banks are price. If they buy/sell and price doesn’t change, then they ain’t big banks.

Question…
Why do you want to do what THE BIG BANKS do ?

is it because you want to make money ?
Because you don’t need to do what they do to make good money, there are easier ways

now. if you want to do what they do, it means you have the intention of becoming a big bank (which i highly doubt).

now, if you are thinking that you are going to model and copy what they do into what you do and then as if by magic you’ll instantly get the same results
Sadly, trading doesn’t work like that

you can take fundamental lessons… sure
but at the end of the day, you have to figure out what works for you

as for Volumes… Sure if the volume indicator works for you then go with it.
although i doubt that most are accurate.
it’s not in the interest of the Market Makers to give you a volume indicator that yields accurate results.

IT IS IN THEIR INTEREST however, to give you one that is somewhat correct and somewhat incorrect.
you can use other factors to determine volume, but (in my opinion) a Volume indicator is not the way to go

i have tested this for myself, and i have found that when there has been huge BUY volume, the market has turned and vice versa, Regardless of the timeframe
this tells us one thing, the indicator is eye candy, nothing more

now since you are talking about volume spikes, You must be a breakout trader , Right ?
My point is, if it works for you do it, but you don’t have to be a breakout trader and then you won’t have to worry about Volume to begin with

i suggest , JUST TEST STUFF
Play on Demo and test things and strategies
at the end of the day, WHAT THE BIG BANKS DO Must Mathematically and financially make sense and Yield a Profit.

so do that
Work it out Mathematically
formulate a Budget for trading
Get your SCREEN TIME down and with that comes experience and pattern recognition

or… if you are lucky enough to know people in the finance industry, ASK AROUND, see if you can have lunch with a finance expert or something

another option would be, Make an appt with your banks Investment manager, Now… you don’t need to open an investment account,
Just go in the office, have a chat, Probe the guy for information
say things like “I’m curious , how can you guarantee that you won’t lose money on trading”

ask questions like that, that force them to reveal part of what they do
then do this in a few different banks and put the pieces together

You’ll find that people here and there will leak information, enough for you to put it together.
Try that if you want to do what the big banks do

or… you could of course apply to work at a big bank in that dept for min wage just to get the inside information.
that’s another idea

or… you could do what Dr Bedlam did on My Super Ex Girlfriend and Make a robotic bird that flies on the window sill (that happens to be open LOL) and get the bird to transmit video images of what they are doing
LOL
hey… worth a go
maybe it’s easier to use A DRONE

be cool mate

1 Like

Lets cut to the chase. Dont worry about the banks. They get it wrong as often as we do.

1 Like

I am not a trader at all. I invest in index funds. I was just curious how you would follow what big banks are doing.

hehe, Haven’t you already asked this question ?

you can see it in CFTC reports

That seems to me like a bunch of paid and/Or unexperienced people doing reviews that thinik forex is just buying low and selling high

Exactly.

And every lot or contract traded has a counterparty.

Don’t forget that if a big bank buys a huge quantity of a currency, another one is selling it. Which side do you want to “copy”?

The banks are only large companies, which are responsible for saving our!

Either way it’s funny hehe
and if Harry M was a Paid comment LMFAO
I’d piss myself laughing
Sanctimifiction hehe

Copy away :- :slight_smile:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/from-the-archive-blog/2015/feb/24/nick-leeson-barings-bank-1995-20-archive

To answer your actual question… Institutions (Banks) are referred to as “Smart Money”.

Youtube has 100’s of videos on various ways to identify the effect they have on various pairs.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=following+smart+money

No they’re not. Its a marketing term designed to lure unsuspecting newbies into paid education.

How banks buy and sell cash is totally different to spot fx speculating

1 Like

FX speculators don’t move a market 50 - 100 pips in a session. I’ve steered him toward FREE education being YouTube.

Your contempt for FX Education is as strong as mine… It’s up to the OP to sift the" wheat from the chaff" and find a way forward.

Interesting read
and then… he fled the country, Was Jailed hehe etc

also he didn’t do what the banks did , to begin with, He Stole.
and first and foremost , he was an employee with inside information (we could only hope huh)

but… interesting read, Nonetheless
thank you

Read the story, watch the movie…FREE on YouTube Rogue Trader - True Story.

I intend to hehe
it’s already downloading :stuck_out_tongue: