How to start from A-Z as a beginner

Hello, everyone.

I’m from Australia. I decided to become a day trader after watched Adam Khoo’s Videos.

Is there recommendation for complete course from beginning to professional?

I’m really serious about this skill.

Thanks in advance.

@Brady.Tran

I really don’t think there is a special course as such, saving working for an institution like Goldman

There are many paid for courses but knowing which is worth it may be tricky.

My initial advice is to soak up as much free material as possible to see just what is out there first. But dont get too hung up on any of it

I also think that reading classic books on trading - market wizards series , reminiscences of a stock operator, popular delusions and madness of crowds, where are all the customers yachts, education of a speculator etc are good background reading.

I think the YouTube vid thing concentrates far too much on trading strategy stuff and cannot provide what these classic books can.

Also learn a bit of basic stats ( if you don’t know it), if you have the time learn to program in python (this will have other career benefits), take an interest in economics and geopolitics from books (not blogs).

Look at the daily trading coach from Brett Steenbarger, and other trading pyschology books eg Trading in the zone

Finally spend alot of time demo trading.

If you do all the above, take notes on what you read it’s almost like doing a degree in trading.

Note I didn’t mention books on technical analysis, they are a dime a dozen and you will encounter many along the way

One book I do also recommend is long term secrets to short term profits by Larry Williams great all round book for trading - don’t be put off by it’s age.

Good luck

3 Likes

he a good communicator, but always makes it look easier than it really is

You can start the demo trading with virtual funds and learn more about the trading. that will help you more.

Welcoooome Brady! :blush: There are lots of paid courses available online but I’d suggest you try out the free ones first. The school here is a good place to start. :blush: And then eventually, you can move on to demo trading and practice what you’ve learned there. :smiley:

Really? I’m watching his videos at the moment and trying to firgure it out how it’s gonna work.

Thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I will keep diving then.

1 Like

look at other people videos too with an open mind

Always welcooome! :blush: I’ll be cheering for you! :smiley: Good luuuck. :slight_smile: