How to start Swingtrading?

Hi

Im kind of new to forex trading, i find swing trading more compatible with my personality and time schedule. im interested in looking at your website, especially your list of average daily pip movements. when i enter a trade and place a stop/loss order and leave for a few hours i keep exiting my position early before i could gather enough profit. i use 10-25 pips. i was hoping my knowing the average daily pip movement i could place a more reasonable S/L or T/P.

thanks,

Adel M.

That’s quite a tight stop Adel. Most swing traders will probably tell you that if you’re going to be in a trade more than a day, you’ll need a larger stop to deal with the volatile range and spikes some currencies have. GBP/USD and other GBP crosses in particular. A daily range will give you a clue how much movement is left in a currencies tank, so that’s good info to have if you’re stops are tight,

Me I’d just prefer to scale the positions depending on the size of the account, and keep the risk contained to the 2-3% risk rule. So if you have a small account, be mindful of the size of the position, not just the number of pips you’re risking.

Think 50 pip stop loss with 1/2 mini lot instead of 25 pips with 1 mini lot @ $1/pip

So you increase the size of your stop, so you don’t get stopped out and your trade has room to wiggle and maybe become profitable. If you trade with a micro account you have a better option of resizing your position. It gives you great flexibility. So instead of betting with $1 and $10 bills per pip, you can use nickles, dimes and pennies :slight_smile: Staying in the game,not blowing accounts, learning as much as you can and gaining experience that’s the name of the game when you start. Sorry if I made this sound too basic. I know there are some intermediate and advanced traders on here, but this reply was for those maybe just starting out. I’ve been trading Fx over 10 years, and still practice this, it’s because I have too much respect for this market and seen traders make wild punts and get burned :slight_smile:

Hello…can i get the link too?