How to stop trade from closing when TP1 is hit

I have a strategy that involves moving to TP2 when price goes to TP1 when in profit. But I don’t know how to move to TP2. Any time price goes to TP1 the trade is closed. How do I make the trade to keep running even when price goes to TP1? Thanks. Very important to me.

set target to tp2 and close half or open 2 positions with 2 targets

Opening 2 positions with 2 targets is very risky. The markets cannot be predicted. What do you mean by close half above?

1 Like

Or set TP1 to close Trade 1 and at the same price level set a new entry order for Trade 2 with TP2.

Don’t trade without stop-losses.

if u use mt4 u can click on the open order, and let s say the trade u entered was for 1 lot, then u erase that and write 0.50 minilots, and click close. that will close half of ur position(profit) and rest wil remain to trail or whatever and u can then set stop at BE. cheers

Thanks. I now understand. will try it out.

Not really you just split the position in half, ie if at £10 a pip just open 2 at £5 the risk is the same and you have 2 TP points as you suggest. I often spilt my trades up as gives me control or many brokers allow you to close part of a position and run the rest.

1 Like