How to study efficiently

I definitely relate! Also, I’m an overthinker and it took time for me to learn not to dwell on things. My tiny piece of experience is that I started doing better when I found what, in my learning journey, is less important and can be eliminated from the strategy I’m testing. My mentor always says that in trading simplicity wins and he’s definitely right, but it’s hard to find what to eliminate since I’m not an expert. Have a nice trading day! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think this is a key insight as well to make sure you are looking your own personal situation / context and working with that to develop your own strategies etc to at least give you framing fro success at the start

I just did that as well :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have come back to this topic a second time. Did you ever try any mind mapping to try to sort this out. Despite lots of free software packages on the market, I prefer to get out a fresh sheet of A3 paper, and draw with a HB or 2B pencil and use an eraser. I worked with a colleague who swore he never attempted a new venture or learning topic without first starting a mind map with goals, objectives, strategy, plan, then work breakdown structure (WBS) in new topics as he started his formal training on the subject, be that a formal course or just browsing t’interweb and creating his own WBS.

Use the Pomodoro technique in which this time management method involves working in focused blocks of time (e.g., 25 minutes) followed by short breaks (e.g., 5 minutes). This can help maintain concentration and prevent burnout.
Here’s a basic outline of the Pomodoro Technique:

1. Set a timer for 25 minutes: During this period, focus exclusively on a single task without getting distracted or multitasking.

2. Take a 5-minute break: Once the timer rings, take a short break to rest and recharge. Use this time to engage in activities that give your brain a break, such as stretching, walking, or listening to music.

3. Repeat the cycle: After your break, reset the timer for another 25-minute work interval (known as a “Pomodoro”). Continue this cycle until you’ve completed four Pomodoros.

4. Take a longer break: After completing four Pomodoros, take a more extended break of 15-30 minutes before starting the cycle again.

If you only have an hour a day and find it hard to retain and/or implement everything you have studied, then I guess you should study just one to two topics for 20-30mins, then spend the remaining time trying to apply it to a mock trade or your own trade, or look at charts to see if you could apply what you have learned. Repeat it the next day if you didn’t accomplish it within your studying time frame until you feel confident, then move on to the next topic and do the same. It’s definitely going to take a lot of time, but it’s a lot better than trying to cram and learn everything in an hour and end up forgetting every single thing you tried to learn. If you are like me who learns better by actually doing it than just studying it theoretically, it might just help you too. Just my 2 cents :sweat_smile: