How to succeed when so many fail. The root cause

When you fail you are not going successful with trading need more practice with management. First learn the ways to manage account. Then use a specific amount of demo not thousands. As I trade with just $200 of demo seeing either this amount grows or not. If I loose all it says me I need much practice.

5 Likes

We should learn from our mistake to overcome the failure factor and this can be done once we properly learn the basics of Forex. We should spend three to four month in demo account to increase trading knowledge.

You have no idea how much this post struck deep within my heart. Thank. you.

3 Likes

Me too, Always kew it was there, but not how it worked.

To the early posters; Do any of the resources you quote, have suggestions as to how the problem can be overcome or the effects mitigated ?

1 Like

The reason people fail is because they are Idiots and donā€™t listen to the more experienced because they are telling them something they donā€™t want to hear. If you are trying to swing trade in this market you will loose money, plain and simple. Waahhhh VIPER and _bob hurt my feelings, ok Esquinkle, go away.

The Ever Focused VIPER

1 Like

Sorry I misread what Kevin was saying I think - I thought he was talking about the Original Post ! Perhaps he wasnā€™t - Anyway my question was directed towads the original post and the second, most of the early posts were in the same vain, before the thread drifted back into dogma. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No prob, post was a general statement. :wink:

The Ever In An Aggressive Mood VIPER

It must be difficult for an aggressive VIPER at the wekends, when he canā€™t take it out on the markets ! :relaxed:

Yeah looking for something to Bite and nothing there.

The Ever Bored VIPER

1 Like

There are many reasons of failure in Forex but we can be success in this business if we find the main reason of failure so it is necessary that we must use strategies and trading plans to avoid consistent failure in Forex.

Kevin, I know the feeling. Most information and well meaning people I find on the interwebs canā€™t really communicate the deep and subtler aspects of ourselves when we tradeā€¦as well as the intangible and complicated reasons that bring us to it.

If you haveā€™t already heard of this book, do get it. It is called Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. That book made my heart sing as I am sure it will yours too.

Good luck!

Hi Falstaff,

I have been a long time meditator, so that has helped me a lot when it comes to mitigating these hardwired responses. But it was not just the meditation, but also the physiological knowledge of how and why it happens. Having an understanding of both, it allowed me to apply my intellect in a more precise way so that when the emotions do arise, I was able to not only understand them, but breathe my way through them.

For me, the way has never been around, but through. Usually the emotions has a lot associated with it too, past memories, family, cultural, personal and emotional conditioning. Iā€™ve found that as I traded, iā€™ve had to deal with a lot of stuff that came up for me personally. Not just about money, but about my own sense of personal worth. Needless to say, it was and is a deep and powerful subject. It takes a lot of energy to deal with it and it is more than just ā€œbeing disciplinedā€.

Iā€™ve found that the one key thing for me was to have a keen sense of self awareness and the emotional intelligence to deal with my personal conditionings. This has been the most powerful tool for me.

Godo luck to you.

5 Likes

As retail trader although they know if so many trader fail, but they still so many hope will success, actually making profit on every trades is impossible, but because still many hope will getting profit hence making us still here making transaction in forex market with expectation will increasing money

Another pointless post brought to you by the good people at @bearish and Co. Honestly bro, what is it that you want to say? None of us have ever understood a single word that you have spew forth.

1 Like

Positive approach is the key for getting success in this business, so many people are failing due to negative approach as they trade without knowledge, greedy intention and expecting huge profit, otherwise forex is lucrative and interesting business.

Thanks. I will download it over the weekend and start reading.

It is said that the failure rate in the forex industry is very high, with more than 95% of aspiring traders expected to drop out of the game within their first few years of trading.

1 Like

I totally agree with you that if you have a certain trading plan, itā€™s easier to avoid mistakes. Youā€™ll probably be able not to make them at all.

ā€œTheyā€™veā€ been saying that for at least 20 years now to my certain knowledge !

Never did really understand that theory - Surely if 95% of 100 lost mney qnd wandered off - another 100 join and 95% lose money and wander off - another 100 join and 95% lose money and wander off - then the number of profitable traders is now 15% (about) yet still teh figure remains at ā€œ95% lose moneyā€ - whereas given a few years of repetitions, there should be masses of profitable traders , all scrabbling for the "losings of the few " (the unsuccessful ones )

So either the 95% figure is way too low, and it should be more like 99% ? or there are masses of highly successful traders in the market at any time.

Sometimes despite of having exact trading plan we cannot avoid the mistake because there is no strong money managing approach. So, only certain trading plan cannot brings profit at all times.