How to successfully swing trade the markets? (HAS Method)

The results for this have been very good for me. I’m now 14/15 on profitable trades, netting a total of over 1,200 bucks in about two days. Doesn’t get much better than that! Let’s hope its not a fluke! :cool:

Hello ForexPhantom,
What is your strategy on this? Do you use fresh signals or what is your criteria? What timeframe, Lots, etc.?

I’m having very good results as well. I posted my strategy few posts below, and on top of that, I trail by 35 pips, and no SL.

To which version of HAMA PAD did you move? The free one?

Thanks

Baby24

Hello all!

I am back with even more impressive results. In the past two days, I have made $2887 on my demo account! I will attach a screenshot if I can figure out how to do it. In the past two days I have had all positive trades and only used this system offered here.

Someone inquired about my strategy. I am a complete beginner, so I don’t know many technical terms or anything. My strategy is simple but unique to me. Basically, I just look over different time periods, notice the long term trends and the short ones, make a prediction based on what I see, then go for it if it looks promising. That’s essentially it!

I am still experimenting, too. Here are some very simple things I look for:

1. If the 1 minute - 1 hour trend is the same, then follow the trend! I almost always follow the trend and it works 99% of the time.

2. If there is considerable variability between the long-term and short-term trends, I generally stay away unless there is a clear cut short-term pattern that I can capitalize on. So maybe the 1m, 5m, and 15m times all match up, but beyond that its totally the opposite. Generally I stay away, but I always follow the short-term trends otherwise.

3. I almost always cross-compare the 1minute trend to the 1 hour trend. I try to see the pattern and see what its currently doing. Its all about catching the big trend, in the short-term. That’s it! So if the long-trend is going way down, but the short-trend is shooting up, I just wait for it to reach its peak and start declining. Then I sell like crazy because I know that was just a fake-out.

I think the most important thing is just catching the trends. Its all about noticing the long-term trend (anywhere from 1hour - 1 day) and catching it in the short-term after its done a fake-out. So you wait for it to do the opposite in the short-term, then catch it at its peak and do the opposite of that. So you’re following the long-term trend after a short-term fake-out.

That’s pretty much it. Let me know if you have any pointers or anything as I’m still learning. Also, you should know that I’m pretty lucky when it comes to gambling. But I doubt I’m THIS lucky!

I included two pictures, both of which are the same just in different formats. Let me know what you guys think.

Wow – those pictures are terrible. If somebody could tell me how to make those bigger and with better resolution, that would be great.

Right click on your trades and save as report. Then upload that html file. Or you can right click on your graph screen and save as picture “active workspace”, having your account history tab selected to be part of the picture.

From the blurry image you posted, I can see you trade 1 standard size lot. This is very risky as it means $10/pip. Reason why you are up by so much with few trades.

Trading on m1 is also very bumpy, but here’s where movements start. I would rather go for more long term trades than quick cash trades that could turn against at a glimpse.

Probably trade at least m5 when m15 and h1 are aligned, for target of 15 pips.

Is anyone still messing with this system? Or has everyone given up on it?

I’m still using these indicators…its successful a lot of the time but I wanna tweak it.

I’d really like to give this a shot, but I am not sure I’ve gotten my whole brain wrapped around everything. I wanted to backtest it while i was at work, but for some reason I could only go back to the beginning of the month with the MTF HAS indicator…

I’d like to see if there was a better way to define entries and exits…because that’s where I’m having the problem.

Also, where do you set your S/Ls and T/Ps? Those two things seem to be my biggest bane in this system.

Need help. Unable to open zip file. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I’m curious if anyone who had early success with this is still using it successfully?

I just started using it tonight on Euro/USD cuz you guys just brought this thread back to life, and the system looks interesting…will post results.:cool:

I’m so glad somebody is also looking at the big picture. I got my 30M system, working just fine, but requires a lot of time. The big trend system I’m working on is based on the same principles: 4H chart, no whipsaw, just check once a day, divide TP into 3 (same SL, but 3 different TP targets), therefore securing some pips. A few rules I made, …made more pips than any other ea, robots, etc I tested… so far so good.:smiley:

Notice that I don’t even use candles…make me too nervous, just a zig zag indicator and multi stochastics.