How to swing trade

Please how many candles form a swing. Some article says 5 and some said 3. Please I’m confused

Please go through the babypips school if you haven’t already. Also, swing trading is just when you hold a position for more than a day. You can keep it open for a few days, a week, even a month or more. But don’t swing trade unless you have a nice starting capital. Even though the pair you’re trading is on an overall uptrend or downtrend, doesn’t mean it will consistently go that same direction. Also, YouTube and google is your friend

Swing trading - 1

3 Likes

You BAD Man ! :rofl:

Hi, Ayomi

I hope you weren’t offended by our joking around :grinning:

Your question deserves an answer, so here it is.

3-candle highs and lows and 5-candle highs and lows are equally correct.

In your own chart analysis, you can define highs and lows as either 3-candle configurations, or 5-candle configurations, whichever you prefer. But, be consistent – don’t mix 3-candle and 5-candle highs and lows in the same analysis.

When you are reading or studying someone else’s analysis, in order to avoid confusion, you should determine whether that person is defining highs and lows as 3-candle configurations or as 5-candle configurations.

If you are using the 3-candle definition, you may find that more highs and lows occur on a given chart, than if you are using the 5-candle definition.

1 Like

Thanks man I’m really graceful

This is way much better than the 3 or 5 candle thingy. Take a hard look at it, you won’t regret this.

2 Likes