How to trade 1$ per pip in a micro account?

Hello,

Can someone experienced help me to understand how to trade 1$ per pip in a micro account? I understand that one option is by using leverage, but, what if I do not want to use the leverage? Is there another way?

Thank you!

Increase the number of lots you trade. A micro account means you are trading an account that if you trade one lot it is 10 cents or there about. So if you increase the number of lots you trade to 10 you increase the pip price by a factor of 10.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Blackduck

3 Likes

Thank you!

Is it not better you switch to a dollar or standard account? Trading $1 per lot defeats the purpose of using a micro account.

Yes. By having a sufficiently large micro account balance.

• If your micro account balance is larger than $10,000, then you can trade positions worth $10,000, yielding $1 per pip, without using leverage. You will simply trade 10 micro lots at a time. Each trade will then be worth $10,000.

• If your micro account balance is less than $10,000, then you can trade positions of that size only by using leverage.

Recall that the leverage you use is the ratio of your position size to your account balance.

Leverage used = position size / account balance

If you want to trade $10,000 position sizes without using leverage, you gotta have a $10,000 account.
And that’s true whether your account is a micro account, or a mini account.

3 Likes