Hybrid scalping system

for vicass,janpec1000 and other

you do not use stoploss? How do you solve the wrong position?

Hi dvejn,

As Janpec said earlier, this system works better without a stop loss. If the position goes wrong, then I just put another trade in the same direction after 5 or 10 pips. I find that I don’t need to open more than a total of 3 positions like this. And the price always retraces and gives net profit thereafter. Moreover as you have seen my trades, I don’t keep waiting for the price to come to my take profit target. The moment I sense that the price might retrace, I take whatever profit is there and I am out in a second. I just scalp. I don’t stay more than 10 to 15 minutes in a trade.

Best regards,

Do you use Fixed account for scalping? I have heard Hotforex is offering fixed account with fixed spread and that suits for scalping style.

At the moment, I use currenex account.

Best regards,

Here are today’s results. EURUSD was pretty unpredictable during the pre euro session. But I managed to scrape through

Isn’t that like gambling, have you worked out the odds? Because if you take a wrong trade and if it was a quick retracement if you put a trade in the same direction it will lose again therefore losing more than winning.You must trade only high RR setups only isnt it?

My lot size are low and odds are 95% in my favour because of the various indicators. So I wouldn’t call this gambling. Gamblers are found in Horse racing and card games. There are no indicators to guide you there. :cool:

Am I correct to say that this strategy should only be used during new events whether it be minor or major ??

Can it be used during non news events??

I see that type of trading as negative progression. Nothing wrong with it, all you need is deep pockets be willing to pull the trigger at some point .

I have seen it working in News and Non news times with success. I don’t know how other’s experience is.

Thanks for sharing your method

Vicaas fantastic results you have there , keep it up i am really interested to see how much can you grab in single day. Your system use if for sure correct. Anyways i ended week nicely was only 10 trades this week as i am still on vacation, looking forward for market open on Sunday for some easy pips on gaps. I will post guidelines for everyone how to trade gaps (its actually very easy). I still have to work on my gap predicting technic that was started two months ago, need to shape on it. Trading gaps after they are made is easy but predicting them trough technical analysis is quite difficult.

Hey Janpec,

Thanks buddy. I am trying to innovate and add my own insights to the Hybrid Scalping system. I have been trading gaps already. But only on low spread pairs. I don’t trade gap if the gaps are less than 10 to 15 pips. Last two weeks, there was no good opportunity.
This week, I have been studying the Joe Dinapoli Levels (basically the fibonacci retracements & extensions) and found two good indicators. I am going to watch if they work at lower timeframes like M15 M30 etc and can be usefully employed or not. I tried to study his book too, but found it too complicated. My eyeballs are still twirling :slight_smile:

Best,

I have tried this gap trading and it did work for me many times, but few times the gaps just deceived me with huge drawdown and thus stopped this method of trading for now.

Friends,

As I had mentioned to Janpec, I have been studying the fibonacci retracements and am watching if Fibs can be incorporated in our scalping as an additional confirmation. In the EURUSD, the price has landed on the S1 on friday and closed there and is near the .382 retracement. This is double confirmation. So it should bounce back and give a few pips from here. Let’s wait and watch what happens on monday.

Does anyone else use fibs and would like to post something?

Best regards,

Thank you for sharing this strategy. I have been using it for some weeks now for binary options, and it works like a charm as long as I am patient enough to wait for the signals to occur.
One thing, which would be helpful is to have an alert built in as well. In my opinion, the alert should work as on the attached screenshot, i.e. if the candle crosses the red line on the Ichimoku, it gives an alert, because that is the actual signal for a trade. The rest of the indicators are confirmations of this signal.

My first post, by the way. Hello to you all :slight_smile:

TMS ICHI.pdf (212 KB)

Hi Janpec,

System looks good, just a quick question on the BB Alert that you previously posted.

Under the tab M5_X_Pips: Do you enter 1?
Under the tab M5_Delay_Minutes: Do you leave it at default 30?

Looking forward to the videos, thanks mate

Hi Jan,

I haven’t been on the forum for a while, also been on holidays but just going through your new system looks great! Great to see other people like vicaas doing well too.
In any case I am going to give your new system a whirl this week.

Also an very interested in how you trade gaps, I do this on a market depth very easily but have not even tried in forex so interested to see how you do it.

Cheers,
Tave

Thank you for sharing this strategy. I have been using it for some weeks now for binary options, and it works like a charm as long as I am patient enough to wait for the signals to occur.
One thing, which would be helpful is to have an alert built in as well. In my opinion, the alert should work as on the attached screenshot, i.e. if the candle crosses the red line on the Ichimoku, it gives an alert, because that is the actual signal for a trade. The rest of the indicators are confirmations of this signal.

My first post, by the way. Hello to you all

There is alert indicator for BB attached on previous pages. Advanced Alert indicator is in the works and should be ready soon.

@Dean yeh just keep it as you described.

@vicaas as i mentioned before i do use fibbs with system too, just not on regular basis, i want to keep system as flexible as possible meaning that in any given time you should be able to get all required information from useful indicators, price or else, where fibbs just dont pass that rule. But they surely are good additional help.

@Tave I am back from hollydays will post how i trade gaps later today.

The image you posted and alert you are asking for is focused around the first version of Jan’s strategy that is no long used regularly. There is a second version and an added modification for news event trading. You should check page 12 for the beginning of the 2nd version. Welcome to the forums (or at least to posting)!