I almost quit trading

Dr Pips. Haha. I didn’t know when a laugh escape me reading that. That was funny :smile:

I want to encourage you to not give up and really know yourself first. What kind of trading method resonates deep with you? Seek it out, learn all you can about it. Get different reading materials on that method if there are. Stay with it in good and bad. There is no holy grail as you well know which is why being extremely faithful to a method you love is taking baby steps to success.

1 Like

A word of advice. You will gain a lot by embracing small wins, small gains. put your tp 2.5x to your sl. Greed is your enemy. If your tp and sl make sense, you wouldn’t always lose as much.

1 Like

Upppss… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :sweat_smile:

I was using Breakout strategy.

:wink: it was discretionary method? mechanical? mix?

Princess014, it is good you are on demo. Keep at it, but you also need knowledge of the markets. I hope you don’t mind my asking, what trading strategy do you use to trade the markets and how long did you practice before using it? The answer to this questions may provide a better perspective of your trading skill.

I trade using Volume Spread Analysis. There is no better method. It is the trader who makes a success of the method adopted. I have stayed a long time with this method before it started making sense to me.

I use breakout strategies, currently I have strategies on H1 time frame and different currency pairs and gold, but I have strategies in “verification mode” on other time frames

multi timeframe strategy is just other type of strategy, you decide which time frame or time frames you want to use and stick to it. I use default indicators, which you can find in MT4/5 terminals

Some motivation also for @Love88 Is It Possible to Trade Without Emotions? Here’s How This Polish Trader Does It!

Something which can help Program your success and The Leave Emotions Behind Program

Remember, in trading, you decide about every aspect, the market will evaluate your weaknesses, even you listen to others about strategies, money management, signal providers and so on, you are on the end and making decisions.

I can’t agree with you.

Dear Torchwave,

Thank you so much…
Truly appreciate your kind support. I feel lighter now, hearing encouragement from you guys all.
:hugs: :hugs: Rome is not build in a day. Shall took your advice for taking baby steps to success.

1 Like

Dear Phonix,

Yes. You are right.
Greed is really my biggest enemy. It caused me a big loss. :smiling_face_with_tear:
Thank you for reminding me again. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow…
Thank you again for sharing these articles, ProfesorPips… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You are most welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for reply.
I’m usually using scalping strategy for short time frame. Timeframe I use 1 minute, 5minute and 15 minutes usually. I cannot concentrate and not have patient, usually I’m doing short trading, but I know maybe longer trading provide more profit, but on other hand, because any moment change direction so I don’t trust in long run haha.

Volume strategy, I think it’s hard for me, but I might use volume indicators, thanks for your help.

Thanks for reply.

Breakout strategy, I don’t even know what is that, I have to search on internet.

Multi time strategy I’m also using it, but usually I’m using short time frame, like 1 minute, 5 minutes and 15 minutes, check all of them, because I cannot concentrate in long time for trading, I lose Patience too.
Anytime direction changes, that makes me worried I really cannot do long time frame.

Maybe in the long run the graph looks like a smooth graph I guess? But in my experience, it always changes direction and I lose big profit.

Thank you very much for your help.

No problem.
Wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

I think you should start from the BP school when you gain general knowledge, try different trading methods but don’t touch scalping, day trading, HFT, it is very profitable methods but very hard to create and manage, and lower time frames than 15 minutes. Higher time frames are cleaner than lower time frames. You have to accept that you can’t take all pips from the market and care about emotions in trading. I posted couple links which can be useful for you, how you will use it depends on you. Regards Greg

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your trading struggles. It’s tough, but you’re doing the right thing by using a demo account to rebuild your confidence. Consider developing a solid trading strategy and maybe get some advice from a trading coach. Most importantly, be gentle with yourself and take things one step at a time. You’re not alone. be patient.

1 Like

Hello, Princess014. I do think your impatience is one of the things working against your trades. It is the very thing that separates unsuccessful traders from the successful ones. I cannot say this enough: good trades take patience to find. Don’t just jump into any trade on a hunch like buying because you see bullish candles or selling because you see bearish candles. You must have an entry signal that guides your market executions.

Another thing is you think scalpers don’t get the overall picture of the market from the higher timeframes like the H4 and D1. Successful scalping gets the general direction of the markets first from the bigger picture before trading in that direction on the lower timeframes. You will increase your chances of success when you trade in the direction of the trend alignment from H4, H1, M30, M15, then open position accordingly on the M5 and M1 timeframe.

You are afraid of longer term trades that may work against you. That is not actually the truth for someone who has really studied the markets indepth. You need to stop practicing for the moment and delve into reading. Practice without knowledge is recipe for disaster. Ignore people who make fake promises of earning 1000% with a simple buy or sell strategy as if they would bother selling such a course if they really made money from it. Like ProfessorPips suggested, begin your education with babypips. Many things will fall into perspective with this vital step. Education precedes understanding and familiarity of the markets.

You may not be able to trade the way I do with volume as you haven’t read the material I have. To provide more information on it, that method, VSA, was founded by the late Tom Williams. His book, Master the Markets, is an excellent introduction to understanding the concept. Do let us know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Your replay is truly supportive and empathetic. If you try to rebuild confidence after trading struggles can be challenging, But utilizing a demo account is a grate approach to practice and regain your footing.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re exploring different trading strategies and time frames, which is a great way to find what works best for you. Breakout strategies involve identifying key levels where prices break through and can be quite effective in capturing significant price movements. :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, I will gain more knowledge then practice on demo. If have any questions I will ask here.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, I will gain more knowledge, then practice on demo. If have any questions I will ask here. Thanks for your detailed explanation.

1 Like