I don't get what currency ETFs and Pips are for, what they are, and why they are important

It’s an honest undeniable fact that people who are new to trading should not be touching financial instruments with complicated structure. Just name the name the hardest instruments follow by rank.

I’m giving him the figures, not stopping him what so ever.

as for manipulation on future contact, it’s a YES. You have yet to see the market depth when big boys are messing around with order flow.

Somehow, ‘FAZ’ were gathered out of no where for people to short for financial crisis.

I have yet to see do I??? LOL!!! You’re not talking to some two-bit spot FOREX trader here sonny…

Fact of the matter is: I trade FUTURES, ETFS, and CFDS. Only things I do not trade AT THE MOMENT are the cash Indices due to a temporary capital constraint on my part.

And while you may be quite correct that some manipulation goes on with order flow: you’re talking about quick ins and outs which is akin to scalping. It has absolutely no effect whatsoever on a daily chart of the contract.

As for your last post: so??? People made money not??? That being said (and I commented on this before): I’d not personally trade some fancy and obscure convoluted ETF. But there’s absolutely nothing to concern yourself when it comes to Index and Commodity Trackers.

And to say to somebody that spot FOREX is the way to learn to trade??? Do you work for a broker or something??? LOL!!! Only thing spot FOREX is going to teach someone is how to lose their money.

2 Likes

Quick in & out are just some jokers trying to change the mindset of traders going against them. have you not seen the orders being flush out & hold for the closing price?

Of coz, people do make money but a layman with threshold is obviously going to “die” trading contracts with that kinda leverage.

it’s ignorant causing people to lose their money, not Spot Forex or any other instruments.

No. And that’s just the point. The layman will lose less money if they get margin called and live to fight another day.

And whether I agree with you or not: it still affects nothing. Matter of fact ALL my orders are placed during the last few minutes before the close. Only thing that happens is the spread widens (sometimes pretty substantially) during the last five minutes (happens to the second). And just to add to this: depends on your position. I’ve opened positions five minutes before the cash close but seconds before that last fifteen minutes when the Futures close those positions have spiked into profits or losses. But it all comes out in the wash the next day anyway.

At least we do agree on one thing and that’s the ignorant part. To a degree anyway. Spot FOREX is on its own mission. Equities and Commodities move differently and that’s fact not fiction.

Talk about the chunk they would lose comparing Futures & Forex.

I don’t get the argument.

From one perspective: it doesn’t matter what you’re trading i.e. the “chunk” comes from risk management and correct position sizing (or rather lack thereof). And not withstanding my previous comment praising little to no leverage: a good trader can trade with 1 000 000:1 leverage and would be fine. But we’re not talking about good traders here now are we.

Anyway listen. It is not my intention to have a pissing contest with you at all. All I know is that I’ve been there, done that, and have the FOREX losses to prove it. I would not trade spot FOREX again with YOUR money let alone mine. But hey: those (FEW) that actually make sustainable profits out of it well good for them. And I sincerely mean that.

it does matter what you’re trading because not everyone is as rich enough to trade that particular instrument. let alone people who wish to learn and not wanting to lose such a big amount.

Low capital require high leverage to provide/control the flexibility on position sizing and there’s no way with “such” an amount with low leverage able to allow the “chunk” to be managed. The Math simply do not work out.

it’s not a contest. you have your view & experience, so do I. I trade for private sectors & started off from being profitable in Spot Forex then applying the skills to Stocks, Futures, ETFs & Commodities.

Not to you alone:

do not start pointing fingers at someone who has a source of knowledge and is willing to share.

and if your view aint the same, you can start off saying “From my perspective” instead of accusing someone of being incorrect.

1 Like

Alright then well all the below is FROM MY PERSPECTIVE.

You are encouraging people to trade with minimal capital and high leverage and on an unregulated free-for-all-knows-no-bounds market. Now while YOU (and I’m getting to the “YOU” part shortly) may be able to control yourself and not oversize positions and manage risk: MOST around here will not be able to control themselves and do that. And that is why most wipe out their accounts and that is why brokers (the now offshore kind that now attract the retail FOREX crowd anyway) offer the ridiculous leverage that they do. You of ALL people should know this assuming that your history and experience is legit. And the minimal capital and high leverage math does indeed stack up. It’s a winning formula. Just not for your average new trader. And I used to work for a broker so I’m not regurgitating hearsay I assure you.

Even everybody’s No Nonsense Forex hero dude states that Equities (and the rest i.e. not repeating the entire lists here again) move differently from spot FOREX. I mention him because it’s obvious that what I say doesn’t count. And as if that’s not bad enough: even he notes that most indicators are meaningless on FOREX and quite correctly states that most indicators were developed for Equities (and the rest of the list). Now this ain’t news to me. And YOU should know all of this. And yet I’ve just checked your posts and you sure do punt a whole bunch of indicators and this in spite of your thread that you started where you were going to show the world how to trade without indicators.

So that’s all FROM MY PERSPECTIVE.

Now to the “YOU” part.

You started that thread of yours (and I only realized now when I checked that I’d already taken the piss out of you when it started), posted once or twice, and that’s about it. So given your background and experience: why are you not updating that thread anymore and helping others here to trade spot FOREX profitably given that apparently you are able to do so. As I understand it that was your very reason for signing up here in the first place. So you’ve not continued with your thread but you sure have dished out a lot generic information on loads of others. And then you come along and trash respectable, not to mention, regulated markets while at the same time making people afraid to even look at them. So FROM MY PERSPECTIVE I think your time could be far better spent by continuing what it is that you supposedly set out to do here in the first place rather than making a problem where there isn’t one.

1 Like

Let me keep it short.

1. it’s equivalent to a drug addicts blaming the existence of drugs. No being able to control themselves is never their fault. If they understand leverage as warned by brokers in the first place, they wouldnt get wipe out due to margin call. All they know is leverage is risky but they have no idea why it’s risky. that is ignorant and it aint anyone’s fault but themselves for not finding out.

2. tools & indicators are develop to assist traders in reading human’s psychology off the charts no matter what instruments it is., not solely for Equities. Candles are formed based on humans wanting to buy or sell.

3. get the facts right, I am not showing the world how to trade without indicators. I wanted to show people on the proper way to apply tools & indicators 1 by 1 then explaining how to mix & match them properly. BUT it seems like nobody is interested in learning “what they think they already knew”. SO i decide to drop it and INSTEAD replying to the individual post would at least help the someone.

Go on and find a post where I comment about somebody’s being wrong before POINTING YOUR FINGERS and saying that I started the TRASH.

Out of respect for you, I’m replying to you but if you are pissed at me, you can always choose to simply ignore me. I aint here to give a tutu about what people think.

So an ETFs are not owned by financial institutions, they aren’t managed, the managers can’t steal them, or, the if the manager tries, they’ll go to jail first, cash turns to assets, the assets are stuff like currencies, stocks, and other stuff, and it’s recommended to have a large capital first before investing ETfs? Am I correct?

What you wrote is correct.

About invest into etf and cash:

Not necesarrily. You can invest leveraged into etfs. Like with CFDs or warrants. You can get any leverage starting from 1.1:1 up to 500:1

It depends on your broker.

The regular forex retail broker doesnt offer such opportunities/tools. But the more advancec brokers do.

For example, IG offers leveraged CFDs on ETFs.

ETF is a stock exchange platform.

The basket of asset is managed by financial institutions.

Financial institutions have their own fund managers.

If the manager decide to take down the basket then your $$ will fly.

I aint saying that the manager will steal or whatsoever. but if the manager leave the financial institute, the basket will either be abandoned or pass to the next manager to handle.

Personally I take the highest leverage that my broker offered. it’s not for over leveraging, it just to keep the margin to the lowest as possible because there will be some crazy days where spikes jumping over your stop loss causing margin call.

Capital wise, anything below 3k, no need to think about trading Spot Forex. and if you cant trade Spot Forex with 3k, you shouldn’t be thinking of trading any other instruments with that amount of capital.

Yeh well to put something into perspective:

A single position on the Dow Jones Industrial Average SPDR ETF which then yields a tick value of only $1 per point movement in the ETF requires $5 257 in margin alone. That’s of course under ESMA margin restrictions.

A single position on the Dow Jones Industrial Average CFD which then yields a tick value of only $1 per point movement in the CFD requires $1 330 in margin. Also under ESMA margin restrictions.

Nearest month Futures Contract on the Dow same as above.

Separates the men from the boys I’d say.

You have 0 clou what youre talking about. Sorry to be so blunt.

1 Like

no worries, i am giving direct answers.

it because people out there are so afraid of being direct which cause confusion to another.

Blunt don’t work with this dude.

For some obscure reason he is hell bent on discouraging people from trading regulated markets and instruments and the same time saying it’s fine to leverage to the hilt.

Thats ok as long as he gives out the correct information. But saying etf are a stock exchangeplatform is simply the not correct information. I explained it already in previous posts. Etfs are an investment vehicle. Not more not less. In their function as a public listed share they serve solely as investment vehicle onto which you can hop in and out like into a public tram. Nothing else.

2 Likes

Not only that:

There are a basket of common ETFs that have been around for decades and will still be around after I die. So what all the fuss is about I just don’t get. I have some obscure ETFs that I COULD trade but will not for that reason. Matter of fact: I noticed just the other day that I have a company specific ETF that I COULD trade but will not for the simple reason that if that company closes down or decides to shut it down well then that’s the end of that (well even that statement is not strictly true i.e. “the end of that” would only involve my taking losses if I were in open positions that were showing losses at the time).

Maybe @Elden_Caramba is not a fluent English speaker and has got the wrong translation for ETF.

1 Like