I have a 250.00 usd account amd only can trade 2 cdnts max

Hello im having trouble useing forex how do I up my price on buying and selling?

I dont know how if I. Even have access to the mini lot on my forex live account if this broker doesnt allow me to trade a higher amount do you know any other brokers also?

Are you trying to trade with higher trading lots size or anything else?

im not sure i just know i want to trade at 1 buck/1daller/usd a pip i cant get no direct yes or no or how to do this and i was told forex makes it so your trading the max 1 percent or 2 percent of your account well thats over 1 daller and i still cant do it can you please give me a yes or a no if i have a usd account with $250 in it i trade at 1 daller?

It depends on your broker and your account type mainly!

Do you know any american forex broker that will let me trade 1 daller a pip with a account in the hundreds?

becus forex.com broker will not let me

How is that meaningless comment supposed to help anyone?! :astonished:

When you don’t know the answer, there’s no need to post, LauChoKun.

Trading one dollar per pip (for example a mini-lot of EUR/USD) is an extremely unwise thing to want to do, with an account of only a few hundred. It makes no sense.

What you really need isn’t “finding a broker that will allow you to do something highly inadvisable”. It’s “learning why it’s so highly inadvisable”. Basically, you need to learn about risk management.

None of us knew anything it, when we started. We all had to learn. There are loads of books on it.

Until you do that, a good rule for you is never to risk more than 1% of your account on any individual trade. It will help you to avoid an accident.

So, for example, with your $250 account, you should never risk more than $2.50 per trade. That makes trading at $1 per pip quite out of the question, allowing for a stop loss and margin in your account, doesn’t it? You’d need to use a micro-lot ($0.10 per pip on the EUR/USD, for example), not a mini-lot, with that. And even that would be pushing it, if you wanted decent sized stop losses.

Have you read anything about “position-sizing”? This is the information you need. It’s part of “risk management”.

The purpose of trading with a $250 account isn’t to make money: it’s to learn and practice and develop an understanding of the mechanics of trading, without blowing the account through excessive position-sizing and unwise risk management.

I’m wondering whether your expectations are reasonable, to be honest.

2 Likes

This is precisely the case and very concisely and perceptively explained.

Take good note, jamaill1989!

When you say the following it suggests that you have a weak understanding of the principles of risk management and capital preservation without which your USD250 will soon belong to someone else:

We are not being critical of you personally. The concern here is to try and help you avoid a quick end to your trading career before it has even really begun…

I aprieciate what you are sayen and trust me I wont give up on trading its very convenient for some one like me but how much money would you suggest I put in my forex account to atleast do 100 usd aday?

How much profit you can make per day is not solely a factor of how much capital you have in your account. It is much more to do with your trading method, your success ratio of your trades, your risk/reward ratio, etc.

Do you have a trading history? Have you a proven consistent method? What is your normal profit target, 10 pips? 100pips? If you know your normal profit per trade and how many net profitable trades per day then you can deduce how many pips you can make per day. From that you can deduce what size position you need in order to make USD100 from that number of pips. Then decide what is your chosen risk exposure limit per trade and then deduce from this and your required position size what capital you need to remain within your risk parameters.

But this is all hypothetical deduction - the real question is can you trade successfully and consistently. Until you have proved that (to yourself) the question of how to earn USD 100 daily is meaningless. I could be forgiven maybe for suspecting that you are not a consistent trader yet - otherwise I think you wouldn’t be asking this type of question?

If you provide details of your style of trading then maybe we could offer something more concrete?

I usally go for 50 plus pips I use the bolinger band and im right 80 percent of the time on my trades
When I use that I always get at aleast 30 pips in a trade the hughest I saw was 175 but that was a few up and down trends though and anytime I lost money on trades I always get it back in 1 or 2 trades using that indicator

Will also need to know how many trades you make on average per week or month and how much you lose on average on the 20% losing trades (obviously that affects how much is left from the 30 pips profits on the winning trades)

Ill have to check out that but I always trade at the maximum amount using forex

Thanks for being voices of reason @TacitaTrader and @anon46773462

@jamall1989 we tried explaining this to you in our earlier discussion: Pip value for 500 bucks on metatrader 4

Hopefully, hearing similar words from other traders here will encourage you to reconsider your approach.

1 Like