I have a demo & a micro account, but micro grew and then blew

I have a demo trading account which I started with in Feb 2021 (still active/ not blown) and also have a micro account. which I grew from R2000 zar to R10000 zar.
But then I blew it to 0.
I now have about =/- R1300 zar credit I can trade with.
I don’t know what I do or did wrong.
Because what I do on my demo I do on the micro account.

1thing I picked up is that. I didn’t have a specific strategy. I just used everything that i saw fit the possibility.
I don’t know what else I did wrong

Hmmm. :thinking: I’m thinking the timings might have something to do with it if you’re basically doing the same thing for both of your accounts. :thinking: Do you also trade the same pairs and buy the same lot sizes?

I do trade the same pairs but not the lot sizes. Demo accounts have a lot of money compare to what i had in my micro.

Did you use the same entry price, take profit and stop loses ? Was your spread different between the two accounts.

Things change when you go live, emotion comes into play.

yes, I use the same entry price. TP & SP

very true. First I used to revenge trade. I don’t anymore… Ok, maybe I do once in a while on US30.
I never lost on US30 until recently. :frowning:

demo is really good but when you use it for a long time i think should stop , instead of demo account sometimes it is more appropriate to trade in a real.

1 Like

I agree with you. Emotions don’t play part in Demo like the do in Live. I feel that most of us(newbies) suffer a lot on mastering phycological skill. And this lesson you wont learn until you have a live account.

That is why it does make sense to have a trading journal, where you can write about all the deals you do and your thoughts concerning their outcomes. It is really important to analyzse in order to understand your mistakes and correct them. More than that, trading demo account and real one are different things. It is not only psychological factor, but also there are swaps in the real markets which affect the trading results quite seriously.

1 Like