I keep sabotaging myself

I’ve always wanted to incorporate meditation as a part of my “mindset building” but I don’t really know how to start.

Do you have specific exercises for traders?

1 Like

Self-discipline is mandatory for a successful trader. Just make a plan and follow it to the letter and you will realize a lot of improvement. Self-sabotage is not a problem unique to one person as it affects many traders, but those who learn from their mistakes are the survivors who eventually make it big and rock the Forex market.

2 Likes

I have discovered so much about my self learning trade.
Most likely the biggest thing for me to stop self sabotage is learning enough patience to follow my rules and once entered leave the trade alone.

Exactly, always learn to stick to your plans even if you want to try something new stick with the old one. All you can do is make an upgrade.

If you want to try something new, do it in a sandbox

2 Likes

I don’t think making a plane will help in this endeavour, but thanks @midwest for your contribution

2 Likes

I went through this experience. I did not fix it. Anyone can make a mistake and unreasonably open an order with a very large lot. Is that what I now bring to the trading account less money. This is enough for one or two orders. Therefore, I will not be able to risk too much money, even if I want. Stop out my risk manager.

1 Like

Hast makes waste and I do not check the spell checker,

Thx for pointing my the error of my ways.

Thx for pointing out the error of my ways :wink:

Have a lovely weekend

Look at “no nonsense forex”. I am taking a break from forex for a similar reason and following that person so I can have a complete winning strategy.

4 Likes

i dont have specific meditation related to traders, i just concentrate on breathing learnt from yoga, you should try it

2 Likes

reduce your account so you can only trade 3 positions at minimum size. Only go up 1 x size each time you double your account. Spread entry your three positions, locking them in as they go, either negative or positive lock in. Until you see the game, you will not be able to maintain discipline.

2 Likes

GREAT!:joy:

I think thats a general problem with discretionary trading-i experienced that as well: you are doing fine, enter one profitable trade after the other during the day, you think you are unvulnerable and suddenly enter a trade which you would not enter at the beginning of the day and you loose all the profit.
My solution was, that when i came in this kind of “trading mood”-i said to me “STOP” and did nothing. And it was allways a great relief to see how the price mooved in the wrong direction without having opened a position…:smile:

1 Like

A warning concerning “sticking to the plan”- it makes no sens to stick to a plan, which is not a good plan:wink:

It makes also no sens to cut number of trades, minimize positions, closer or wider TP and SL and all that stuff if it seems that your plan generally does not work properly

Hi I am also brand new on Forex trading. I would like to encourage you to never give up but please please do learn from your mistakes. Once bitten twice shy. Pray for God to help with spirit of greediness. It helps me a lot.

Not saying that you are wrong, because I understand the point that you are making, but I will say that a losing strategy can become a winning strategy, simply by adjusting the stop-loss. This is why it is important to back-test, fine-tune and improve your strategy as you are developing it.

No doubt, you are also right that these activities (adjusting everything or new parameters with the samre strategy) can improve your overall results, but I think if this doesnt make it better, there will come a point at which someone has to ask himself if theres something wrong with the strategy

Learn, learn, and learn. Find someone, whose experience you can follow and learn from. Also build a plan and work out on your strategy. It should be carefully thought through. Make daily and weekly reports to understand your gaps and areas for improvements.

I have only one pattern that I look for… keeping it simple seems to work better for me