I think all newbies should watch this video before it's too late

Unsure how widely this video is posted around, but I found it extremely helpful. Here we have a seasoned expert discussing the behind-the-scenes of forex brokers (them) vs. retail traders (us) and how they’ve constructed it to take money out of our pocket.

My question is: Babypips is an educator, but I assume they’re independent and aren’t financially related to any buyers?

1 Like

LMFAO… The Anton Kriel Video huh
wow, it’s been a while since iv’e watched this

DEFINITELY A GOOD WATCH indeed

to go into more detail
What anton is doing here is this
He’s not selling anything

he was Hired by some University in the states to go and speak to Economics students about WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN THEY GRADUATE

he walks in, basically says
When you all finish your degrees, You’re Stuffed
and the degree you are paying for… Waste of time
and the investment bank you plan to work (That Dream goal) is run by bloody idiots
hehe

Needless to say this is both informative and funny and you are glad that you are not one of those students who paid for the degree.

since you brought this video up

Here is a series of 3 Videos
also very very good

Enjoy

It seems like Anton K is fairly well respected?

Also, to be honest, I think he IS selling something - he’s selling his own institute (ITPM), so this seminar was INCREDIBLE, but not completely altruistic.

I have also seen Anton Kriel’s many video. Everyone is selling something through their video. So the Anton Kriel also. But what he did is very intelligently didn’t expose his company’s name. Ultimately his fan will surely go for his company. This the sign of a good seller. Satisfied customer will purchase your product even you are not forcing them. Also they will suggest to purchase their friends and family’s also.

@TomGaffney

No No… there is no question that Anton is selling his own institute in certain videos

but in this presentation he is not

For anton to come to a university of college and do something like this, is like getting money for babysitting.
it would be like me (As and I.T. Engineer) being asked by TAFE NSW to go to different TAFE Locations and to go the classes that are holding computer studies courses and talk about the I.T. industry… hehe

and if i was offered say $300k to talk for an hour or so
yeah, of course i’d take it
it’s easy money

Same here, Anton is getting paid top money, because of who he is, to basically walk in , wipe noses of students and basically not give two shits as to what the uni thinks but instead to totally discredit the course itself.

as for the respect that Anton gets
well… from what i have seen and read and heard in forums
i have concluded the following

1. I personally respect the level of progress that he has made and where he is in life

2. Beyond what i think, there are those that also respect him, Mainly for his career at Goldman Sachs.

Then there are those that say he is a scammer, then there are those that say “He’s a spoiled little rich kid and have no respect for him” and there are those that say he can’t actually trade

NO my thoughts on this are :
i highly doubt that he cannot trade, i base this on the fact that Lex Van Damne decided to do a joint venture with him,
now, if Anton couldn’t trade why would lex even look at him.
secondly, why would Goldman hire Anton if he couldn’t do shit.
i thinks it’s highly unlikely that Anton cannot trade.

did he start from humble beginnings or is he a spoiled rich kid ? I don’t know, but i don’t think it matters.
either way , rich kid or not, he rose to where he is on hiis own (At least part of the way)

is he a scammer, NO, he doesn’t need to be
Anton is not like Greg Secker for example
if his institute stop functioning today, Anton would still be ok,
Greg on the hand wouldn’t be in a good place

and besides, THIS IS THE FINANCE INDUSTRY, when are people going to wake up and understand that THOSE WHO SUCCEED HAVE SCAMMED TO SOME DEGREE
it’s the nature of the industry

it’s like going into the jungle and being a deer and saying that the lion is a Murderer
well. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ?

i think if you look at Anton’s video’s
you can see where he is pushing his institute
you can see at other times when he really doesn’t give a shit, these are the videos you want to focus on

Now… the Million Dollar Trader thing is a marketing thing to a point
but, I FEEL, IT GIVES A GOOD REALIIZATION TO NEWBIES OF WHAT THEY CAN EXPECT IN TRADING

based on what i’ve been through in my 7 odd years,
i would say (Even though the type of trading they did was with different instruments) the concept is the same,
i think it’s pretty close to what a beginner could consider eventual reality

i think it’s a good series and a lot can be learned
Anton is not the only one that i think is good
but, He is definitely one of the better ones

[Edit - Of course he is selling something ! - ]

If you do actually watch the video at some time, there is do doubt that he is giving out information calculated to drive buyers to his website and courses.

However the information contained in the video is priceless.

@Falstaff
it’s been a while since i’ve watched this, but, if it’s not too much trouble
at what point do you think he is doing what you say he’s doing,
are you able to give me like a rough timestamp correct to around 1 min

i’ll watch it again, i’ll see what you mean

You want Me to watch it again, make notes of the times - so you don’t have to bother ?

No ! You watch it yourself before opining !

@Falstaff
hehe… No
i didn’t mean ,i’m lazy and i don’t give a stuff so… you can find it for me

What i meant was …
you seem to have watched it recently
now… i watched it a while ago (Actually i’ve watched it a few times and i know most of it by heart, but not all of it)
Now, i will certainly watch IT ALL AGAIN. no problem

but i’m just saying, for the sake of keeping an eye out at the key time THAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO
i’m just asking if you happen to know the approx time at which he is doing what you are saying

that’s all
don’t take it the wrong way, No need to get offended
I’m just asking so i can look out for it so there is no misunderstanding

either way, i’ll watch the whole thing

but is it really that big of a deal to open it for 1 min, jump to the part where you think it is and say to me, it’s around here to here

that would only take you like 1min or 2… right

Now. if you can’t that’s fine
i’m just saying, IF YOU COULD it would help me to identify which part you are referring to… ok

so… THIS LINE[quote=“Falstaff, post:8, topic:124535”]
No ! You watch it yourself before opining !
[/quote]

wasn’t really necessary
i wasn’t spitting in your face (So to speak)
i was just asking a question, that’s it

on a personal note, i think a lot of people on babypips (not just you and me , but everyone) would have a much pleasant conversation if assumptions like this were not made and if people wouldn’t get upset so quickly
ok
I’m just saying
i don’t want to argue, and i’m not lazy
i was just asking for reference, that’s all
alright

Just an FYI, it’s around 10 minutes to the end that he starts to talk about his institute more directly, and just over half-way, maybe 1 hour 10 to 1 hour 15 that he discusses what his institute does better. I’d deem it indirect selling and feature-analysis-benefit ways of selling to these people. Definitely has me interested! Just not now, though.

I’ve actually started watching it

I’ve also just realized that it’s in 5 Parts of 30mins - 60mins a pop

i also realized that right at the beginning on the projector screen he has put his institute details right after being introduced.

Now. .technically we could say this is marketing
should we chop his head off for it… Probably not
is he technically marketing his product… YES HE IS (and i stand corrected)

but the interesting thing is, i actually didn’t notice the bit at the beginning before,
perhaps i got caught up in it all and forgot to pay attention

i’ll pay more attention to it this time, i’ll watch it all tonight and see what i think when i’m done

thanks for the timeslots, i’ll pay attention to it

Hey all. We have to realize that with ALL trading firms there is Sell side and Buy side. Most work in sell side, and frankly there is nothing wrong with that. If The Big A wants to mention how superior his group is, then in reality, that’s his Job. Obviously, this is not a “Forex Exposed” bit. He is there to educate and to market.

Whether or not he can or can’t trade does not matter, my guess is he most likely “can” in a general sense, but probably chooses sell side because it suits him better. Lex Van Damne is the Trader, and he literally taught some folks to trade. Frankly I can’t argue with that, and I loved the series.

To the O.P., B.Pips is basically an independent for profit website, sponsors are the Googly stuff etc. The are still a couple of sites around that are feeders, but not many.

The Ever Opining VIPER

1 Like

@TomGaffney
Just finished watching the entire thing

hmmm. i have to say that was interesting.
You are correct, the entire video is very interesting, but essentially it’s a marketing tactic that (is now obvious to me ) where he is exploiting Economics Graduates and getting them before they join the investment banks and hedge funds

now. the only places i saw marketing were
Part 1 40 secs - 1min:20 his institute is marketed on the projectors
then it’s all clear sailing until
Part 5 14:56 where he cracks out the 3 steps to learning to trading successfully and he says his institute
solves these 3 problems
he then shows you prices of the courses
he then pitches the website

i didn’t however pick up on that 1hr 10 - 15 thing you stated where he said what he does better
i was actively looking out for it, but didn’t see it or hear it.
maybe i missed it, not sure

but the whole middle bit seemed focused on numbers and the downfall of the career path to the investment bank

it’s definitely interesting and i would definitely do the course, hell , i’d trade the money needed to get in hehe
that way if it’s a con, its not really a biggie

anyway that was fun
it was cool to watch it again

i thought i’d just come back here to tell you guys what i thought
so yeah
be cool
feel free to share any thoughts

Cool, thanks - got a little bit worried about Babypips’ course given how he discussed how courses taught the inverse narrative. Doesn’t really seem like Babypips’ vibe, though, and they covered a lot of very unbiased topics.

i agree
my point of view is, babypips course is fundamental stuff and has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Certain principles can apply in certain situations, but not all
Take it with a grain of salt, but don’t ignore it

i.e. use it as an ingredient in your overall individualised trading methodology :slight_smile:

exactly
extract what you need from it and throw away what you don’t need

Excellent video, where he explains how the market works today, very good analysis. I clarify some doubts!

the good thing about these forums are the great recommendations. Thank you