I Think it is Total Garbage! What do YOU think?

It already is at a premium… to the point that so many of us can’t afford it. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

In your reasoning, there is a pinch of truth, actually.
Nevertheless, in my opinion, forex trading as well as other related activities like investing into stocks and whatnot, are all about psychology. The way you perceive this sphere, activity, matters a lot.
Investing only what you can afford to lose refers to the money you can freely allocate with a strong understanding that it may not be paid off, or in the worst scenario - lose it. Your example with house is quite interesting, and I presume, you can also lose the house if you invest in it. Don’t forget about fire, short-circuit, burglaries and other stuff.

Missed this one. It was 1997 or 1998, can’t exactly remember but I was over there for a training course on fiscal metering at Smith Meter, and FMC company. Loved the people and what I observed was great people finding a way to live in a forever-changed society.

I get where you’re coming from. The ‘Invest only what you can afford to lose’ advice does sound generic. However, I think it’s more about emphasizing risk management in trading. It might not apply to houses, but in the volatile world of forex, understanding the consequences of potential losses is crucial.

We’ll, lots of YouTubers sell the dream that it’s easy to make money and people just like accept it. So the cliches do help some people. The really new traders like me. We’ll, I’m not a trader yet.