I want a FOREX MENTOR ON TECHNICAL ANALYSIS

Hello, Please am new to Babypips and forex as a whole. I need a mentor to guide me thru the path to becoming a successful trader. Please help!

1 Like

Do the school. Then re assess

2 Likes

Step 1 - Self educate at the school here. No mentor worthy of the name will want to waste their time with someone with zero knowledge

4 Likes

honestly speaking , i wanted also a Mentor to guide me for real trading analysis in particularly when i was a newcomer but didn’t find. so, i am trying to depend on my knowledge and experience.

At least i need someone to take me by the hands and school me properly. I have at least 20% FOREX knowledge and also interacting with likeminded people can trigger ones learning pace. Can someone good pls help to guide me pass TA??

First thing you want to do is finish the school, read more trading books and open demo account with a trusted broker and get to know the trading platform.

1 Like

The harsh reality is that the only person that will make you a successful trader is yourself. Its a journey that does not end. You can sit with a good trader and take all the signals he does and you can still lose money or make minimal profits in comparison when using your own money. Everyone has a different risk profile and getting to know your own through trial and error is part of the journey.

1 Like

That was quick, yesterday you said this

Another 4 days and you should know everything!

2 Likes

I am sure that each and everyone of us here wants or wanted to have a good mentor along the way however unless you pay a significant amount of cash to someone (who you think you could trust) to tutor you, it is almost impossible to find a good trader who will be willing to share his spare time teaching a total newbie. The solution should be:

• Use the school here to educate yourself
  • Search for some good trading books (there are several therads posted on the subject in the Community)
  • Use the forum to find all the answers on every question you may have (almost every trading topic has been discussed)
  • Don’t be afraid to ask questions - each and everyone of us will help you if he is experienced enough and can offer a solution
  • Open a demo account with a broker who has good regulations and could be trusted. Use it to test, experiment and expand your knowledge
2 Likes

Thank you so much. I appreciate your aid.

This, i will never forget. Thanks man!

Just that studying the market and analysis alone makes the whole game boring and tiresome for me. I just need someone with whom i can discuss progress with and also learn with. Thanks y’all for your replies. I appreciate!

according to me , its a complete suggestion for the traders who are particularly newcomers in Forex trading . Thanks

Your right it is boring and tiresome. This is another part of the problem, our instincts want rewards and entertainment in our work me inclusive. This is why there are so few true professionals…keep going it will all unravel in time, don’t let it get you down treat the game as just another brick in the wall so to speak.

1 Like

Try to conduct a research all over google and youtube, that is one of the best way to learn about ForEx

Thanks everyone for your words. Am strengthened by your words and advices!

There is no one better to lean from than yourself!

The most progress I have made and the most I have learned is from when I have kept a trading journal. I am still very new to trading, but keeping a trading journal lets me see my mistakes, especially the ones I make over and over again. It also lets me see where I have been successful. Also, my most successful trades have been the least complicated ones. I was fascinated with indicators when I first started, and I neglected simple trendlines and candlestick patterns. From reviewing my trading journal, I learned that my most successful trades have been using those two simple techniques. I regret not spending more time learning about them in the beginning, so I have take a temporary break from trading, and I am devouring knowledge about candlestick patterns and other trading basics.

It seems that this advice is given time and again in this forum and from other successful traders’ websites:

1. learn how to protect your money with risk management techniques
  2. learn the basics first, and keep your trades simple
  3. keep a trading journal.
  4. start with 1 currency pair while learn so you don’t get overwhelmed
6 Likes

That’s a top posting from themacbryan and one of the best advice I’ve read. I’ve been studying forex trading full time for a couple of months now to the point of obsession and sometimes I go too fast and head into the deep end, only to find myself going back to basics and keeping it simple. Exactly the way you said it , you’re absolutely spot on the money :moneybag:
I urge all new comers to follow this advice and develop your own methods much later on, after you’ve mastered the basics.

2 Likes

[quote=“eddieb, post:9, topic:143674”]

Working on the “80-20 rule”

He should be profitable already :slight_smile:

Hi Vanpitarz, why do you want to trade?

I used to think of someone can mentor me that would be amazing but no one will! People will give you advice but not show you what they have learned through years of trial and error. I would strongly consider doing babypips school of trading it’s amazing, free and really does show you basics to advance. I would expect that you’ll have to read it a few times in you’re trading career, I still do just the other day I saw a chart pattern and was like hmmm seen that before, I had to go back to baby pips school and reread chart patterns again.

Also I would like many have said open a demo account, one that you can change the amount of what you will be putting into a real trading account, read babypips school and come up with a trading plan and never risk more than 1% in a trade, yes your returns will be small with such small trade sizes but who cares your aim is to make your demo account survive and then become profitable eventually. Also I would suggest if you work full time like me and trade on the side to at least demo trade for 2 years or at least until your profitable on your demo account consistently and I don’t mean consistent for two weeks I mean at least 10/12 months profitable would be a good indication your up there to trade real money, but trading real money is a whole new ball game of emotions but that’s for another topic aha

4 Likes