I was laughing in my sleep

I would never imagine that it will happen with somebody really, I bet it happens a lot and I can’t really tell about my own experience cause it simply doesn’t happen with me probably, I bet that no. I may ask my girlfriend about that, I mean to control me a bit;)

The person I mentioned - she has no idea she talks in her sleep. And it’s not clear words like when you’re awake, it’s occasional mumbling and wailing and it’s actually pretty scary to witness. But it’s just sleep talking.

1 Like

I’d take sleep talking any day than sleep paralysis! :sweat_smile:

really got me laughing reading the thread. Usually it’s scary dream that woke one up, but laughing too? Very interesting. You must be joyous one @sprotz

Short memory dream, it happens with me often, but my sister is great at remembering dreams and share with us, family. It depends on the capability of brains, I guess

Sometimes I see my toddler nephew laughing in his sleep. Too cute to watch.

1 Like

Yes, my cousin :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Me too, actually. I’ve had occasional bouts of that over the years, it’s a terrifying experience.

Oh no! I haven’t had that myself but heard about it from friends. Sounds like it’s something you wouldn’t want to wish on anybody. Have you found what “triggers” it, if at all?

In my case, the thing that triggered it last time was the combination of being totally exhausted and drinking something with caffeine in it before going to bed LOL.

How can you even sleep after drinking something with caffeine! :joy:

That’s the thing about caffeine and me - it has a very short effect on me, and then I feel awful. Which is why I actually very rarely consume anything with caffeine in it.

Consider yourself lucky that you don’t have to rely on coffee in order to function normally. :joy:

Thank God I only fart when I sleep

:relaxed:

:joy:
True. Coffee has never been my friend, so I gave up on trying to drink it years ago.

1 Like

but its so hard to sleep after taking caffeine

I’ve got the same problem about a week ago. My dog was shocked :grin:

The truth is that for me, at least, caffeine has a very short-term effect. It wakes me up for about an hour, after that I experience something I can only call a caffeine crash - I start feeling groggy and experiencing heart palpitations. It super unpleasant and it has always been this way, since I was a teenager, so I don’t even bother with coffee anymore.

This is also interesting for me as I can never remember my dreams. I probably get too tiered during a day, so I really use night time just for sleeping. Is it possible that some people never dream?

I actually was a rather active sleepwalker as a kid.

After my 30s that seemed to simply go away…

1 Like

Have you ever woken up in a strange place?

1 Like