IC Markets standard account or True ECN?

Thanks for reassurances!

Ah! good to know about this organisation.

Since I started this thread I have joined IC Markets and I have gained some experience with their services. I must say their customer service is outstanding, polite and thorough. They reply to each and every one of my questions very quickly.
I had one instance where during a news event on CADJPY I had a positive slippage of about 15 pips but I also had one instance on NZDUSD at night where my stop loss endured an 82 pips slippage which resulted in a negative balance from +$500 to -$500. I have received a very long explanation how and why this happened and was asked to deposit for the negative balance. After I did this they actually offered me a full embursement. I don’t think this is standard policy but I refused it anyway. Nonetheless this kind of slippage makes me very cautious in the Forex market and I am inclined not to trade Forex because of the possibility of such large slippage and especially negative balances. Aren’t liquidity pools supposed to prevent such extreme slippages? I thought this would not be a problem with a large provider such as IC Markets.