Ichimoku Trading System

The count on E$ showed bullish coming up at end of [b], while $Y though lagging was showing bearish [3] ending, and the pounds, being in phony [b]’s too, faked me as bearish actionaries, the tentative minute count on EY broke at 109.60 where supposed (iv) overlapped (i). For G$ it was at 1.50 & GY at 132.80. Now its bullish on all five. The lesson is that these pairs being somewhat sync’ed should have indicated probab of a B wave on the pounds too? A mistake on the two pounds is usually more costly.

We need to reconcile the counts on E$ and G$. The current G$ count on h1 is the finest degree/last count, thus we’ll adjust the E$ count to fit it: this is achieved by shifting the E$ count one degree down (adding a finer order smaller than the current smallest, or scaling the labeling one degree up). This is so that an overlay of both charts can make more sense in terms of wave sync. By eying these pics one should get the drift; the first overlay is d1’s top E$ bottomG$, the second h4’s E$ over G$. Shots of the whole count E$ & the h1 precision coming up laterz.

By now, we start seeing bugs clearer: see that the count for current minor minutes I had on G$ and GY was flawed, based on the symphony established from up-wave there in 2009s. It will be dully corrected. The issue of wave timing, and thus overall market timing start to come into focus?

e$-g$.bmp (776 KB)

e$-g$ h4 1.bmp (784 KB)

e$-g$ h4.bmp (784 KB)

Does the ICH work best on 4H?

OK could be a good set up tp short EURO/NZD
all comments welcome, I am considering shorting this with a SL at the top of the cloud. Two dojis, stochs overbought and crossed!

I’ve been waiting for the GY breakout from the range, looks like it went short with no other retest of swing-high (would stop me out at near BE) lined-up? The G$ has been going on bullish for long, maybe the turn is also here, but not yet last chance. The outlook on EY is not convincing enough just yet. The E$ shows a perfect catch coming for both h4&d1 IKH and EW (just like yours there), but still looks short-distance. In general, I will wait for 1400gmt rush and any rebounds from upwards after retest of swing-highs to go all-out. I will long anything above my SL and those swing-highs. The IKH on h4 is a compromise for getting in early and better SL placement, not as accurate as d1 signals but reliable anyways. Welcome aboard.

Then we tie up the euros: to keep from looking at h4 charts too much and further the blind search for anything/everything.

Remember the AF count for EY that broke back there: that is the one I repaired. See on the page they cunningly show a larger zoom view for MN1 so as to avoid showing an uncertain pre-Sep’2K count; a big hand to them anyway. They also did their version of repair to the count, but I think the slight difference with mine there at B complexes is too far back to matter now? Will switch count as trading/learning requires and the markets unfold.

Right at the same joints, the wave replays with similarities on both charts. I’m even compeled to make adjustments here and there (leaving the E$ somewhat intact) to overlay them further: might even sync some s+r’s while at it? The first chart is a d1 E$-EY overlay before tweeking the EY count, then wk1 after and d1 after. With that now, and the basis provided, I will establish a finer count for EY once it gets clearer to rhyme with that on the mains. Shots and bugs for the whole EY count coming up later.

e$-ey d1 sync_before.bmp (869 KB)

e$-ey wk1 sync_after.bmp (853 KB)

e$-ey d1 sync_after.bmp (848 KB)

Importantly is to pick up some foundation knowledge from babypips school.

Then you can continue to leverage on Google if there are still some terms that you couldn’t understand in this thread.

Cheers for Ichimoku trading system.

Then sync the two pounds. The GY looks like the G$ and a little like the $Y, but less of the EY & E$. To adjust the GY count to the sync, I upped it by one degree to rhyme with GY. Attached are shots for wk1&d1 before and wk1&d1 after. The finer count is yet to come to light, once the next impulse up or down takes off on h4? The current count on GY breaks with total retrace of bearish 1-(3)’ & (1) of supposed pri [5] at 147.00 & 154.00: that is if (3)’ bearish isn’t to be. At that point an alternative count would suffice to try and work around the 2007 count at cycles I & II which make the whole impulse from then to date quite disproportional? A more straight-forward count on d1 would be instead of the major turn being at the all-time high on 15th /07/2007, it would be at 28/10/2007 (like on G$) for a truncated fifth? That way, the primaries would remain as-is, still spoiling for further bearish pri [5] to complete the downside cycle. Another sound alternative is to label bearish from all-time high to all-time low as complete five primary waves’ cycle, then bullish pri [A] ended 09/08/2009, & current pri [B] ending right about now for next pri [C] bullish.

This school is well the only truly comprehensive free source for a basic foundation course in forex: guess its important for everyone before attempting the forums. I try to use light language to avoid sounding like an overly bright surgeon explaining a complex procedure to interns – maybe I should cut back on the sang-fezi alittle? Good to have you around.

g$-gy wk1 sync_before.bmp (828 KB)

g$-gy d1 sync_before.bmp (832 KB)

g$-gy wk1 sync_after.bmp (816 KB)

The ey and gy pairs share a number of …. (insert any sheng) …joints? No, sync points for lack of a better term. I think I saw the right name somewhere…

Notice the striking semblance, every turn made by ey is made by gy, only in a different way, sort of like written symphony for different instruments, I can already hear the music. If such r/ship can be followed closely if not isolated, one could be able to use one pair to mend the Elliot Wave count on the other(s) and eventually to catch market turns on all traded charts in real timing. The overall feel for market position is almost tangible. I think the count on gy is greatly flawed as mentioned earlier…

The first chart is wk1 timeframe, the second d1. Don’t worry, I’ll figure out how to gimp it sooner or later.

ey-gy wk1 sync.bmp (614 KB)

ey-gy d1 sync.bmp (857 KB)

Ichimoku is one of the more complex indis to get to grips with…

Which part is more complex. I thought it is quite straight forward, with all those things to watch for, on all those pairs, how can one miss a trade to loose money on …

I get it, you cant figure where I come from going all EW on this thread?

PS: If that is complex,:eek: I was going to start on fx-sophrology with ichi on my next posts …

The attached document is an interesting weekly Ichimoku analysis. Hope we will get another this Friday.:slight_smile:

Thanks for your post Bobai this PDF was very helpful to me and I hope you keep posting them :slight_smile:

WarrenP

Please clarify when you say the Chikou Span should be below or above the price line for a sell or buy entry respectively,
what exactly is the price line ? Is it the current live price ?
For a buy entry, should the Tenkan sen cross the Kijun sen upwards above the cloud or anywhere is fine ? vice versa for the sell entry, is the cross over necessary below the cloud ?
Regards,
Vincent

See post #241

Thanks, this clears up a doubt regarding Chikou span. Basically it is the current closing price, moved 26 bars back to compare with the price 26 bars ago. Is this right ? How do I know the price 26 bars ago ? Do I need to plot a price line or curve ? How do I do this ?
Vincent

Thanks,I received your message to view string 241 for clarification on the Chikou Span.
I understand that it is the current live price moved 26 bars backward in the past, to compare it with the past price.
Is this right.
How would I compare it ?. Can I compare the Chikou Span price with a candle at that point, and see if it is above or below the candle ?
Regards,
Vincent

Sorry, I can’t help you as I don’t use this indicator but just pop in once in a while because i do think it has great value. I’m just not schooled in it. I would suggest you read some of the outside links that have been posted in this thread.

Which indicator do you use to compare Chikou Span with ?

Warren, you are very welcome. The other Ichimoku analyses, etc can be found here:

Ichimoku World by Gabor Kovacs - Blog

and here:

Database - Ichimoku World by Gabor Kovacs

Good luck, guys. :slight_smile:

Hi and thanks for sharing this system with us. I 'll definately try it on daily charts, been using the same system on hourly charts with some success. One doubt however, whenever I used this system on hourly charts, for a long entry the Tanken sen-Kijun sen cross over was recommended above the cloud. Cross overs in or below the cloud, could result in a “false break”, wherein after some profit, the fall could be abrupt. I observed on your daily chart, that the cross over was below the cloud. Do you think the point of crossover is important in daily charts.
Vincent