Ichimoku Trading System

Definitely interesting as a long range. However, might need to demo on quite a few pairs. You might get 3 signals a year on the daily charts :slight_smile:

The 4hr on most JPY pairs seems to have some nice trendsā€¦a few fakeouts along the way but could be a nice balance for those who like a few more trades. What do you think?

I was just about to say the same thingā€¦ :slight_smile:

Iā€™m going to demo it on 4H charts. If you are following the OPā€™s rules then there are a few fakeouts, but if you read up on Ichimoku and trade it as a whole then there are even less false signals.

The 4H candle is about to close over the kumo on EUR/JPY. Once it closes above the 134.00 Chinkou resistance line Iā€™m going long with a SL a few pips below the Senkou A. :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll see what happens. :smiley:

When you say chinkou resistance, do you have a chart of that as Iā€™m not sure what you mean? You want the chinkou to pass through the cloud first? It has passed up through the price curve but that was below the cloud so is a weak buy.
Tenkan crossed Kijun but below kumo: weak buy
Price appeared above cloud: strong buy
Chinkou crossed price curve but below kumo: weak buy
price crossed kijun but below kumo: weak buy

However, I think on thr 4hrs, youā€™re going to have to accept the TS crossing the KS in the wrong place all the time and take it for the early indicator of trend change that it is.

I mean S+R lines drawn on the peaks and valleys of the Chikou span. They are the same as normal S+R lines but they are drawn on the candleā€™s close instead of the wick.

Hereā€™s a picture of what I mean from kumotrader.comā€¦

Aha, yes, thanks. Not quite closed over that yet though I have it as 134.05ish.
Some also like to see the TS and KS exit the cloud but by the time that happens, price has often gone well beyond the cloud area. The chinkou one is interesting because if we follow that then we are pretty much trading S&R anyway. If we take the kumo as S&R then we can get in on early trends but are subject to the occasional whipsaw.

I think that was a loss wasnā€™t it :stuck_out_tongue:
I have found a good discussion thread to use in conjunction with this, which Iā€™ll post if the OP doesnā€™t mind? Itā€™s a system that mainly uses the shorter timeframes but only takes a signal if the higher timeframes confirm it.

It;s comparing the current price against the price 26 periods agoā€¦

ps: This is my 1st ever post btwā€¦

Ok, so I tried to find the op at meetpips under both his usernames and I canā€™t.

I had a question about his method, if anyone knows please let me know.

When he says price above the clouds for long, is he only looking for a break of price through the cloud?

Or, for instance, if price is clearly above and has been for quite some time, does he simply enter in the direction that all the ichi lines and price are already lined up on?

hi thats very interesting just i didnā€™t understand how you define the support and resistance level on chikou line i would be appriciate for your help

The kumo is the S/R area so if price is above the cloud then the trend is bullish and vice versa. If itā€™s in the cloudā€¦then neutral. You can trade the break but ichi has 5 different signals to contribute to your decision.

Yes, I understand all that. My question was does the person who started this thread enter only on the break of a cloud, or just whenevery everything lines up on either side of a cloud.

Ah, ok sorry :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll let them answer on their specific but my thoughts towards it are:
you have to be careful on breaks of clouds as it depends on the angle of the senkou span - flat spans often indicate more resistance and price tends to have more difficulty moving through them, it can fakeout through them as well. Angled clouds show price passing through easier but also offer more room for retraces back down to the kumo a few periods later so youā€™re entry may not be brilliant.
The absolute strongest cross you can get is:
BUY
break of cloud, Ts/Ks cross above cloud, chikou above price, cloud in the future (26 periods forward) is bullish
SELL
opposite but always with the crosses above/below the kumo.
However, on the longer timeframes it is hard to get all these things at once so you could trade a cloud break. I personally trade bounces off the kumo(price entering into the kumo and bouncing off S/R), Ts/Ks crosses if close to the cloud, and sometimes Ks bounces.
Hope that all made sense and interested to hear other views :slight_smile:
I find cloud exits the riskiest trades.

EUR/JPY is forming a strong sell signal. What do you guys think?

On what, the Daily chart? If you flip the ichi over to a 4hr chart, you will see the chikou running flat and the kumo future running flat indicating a bit more consolidation but in theory, yes.

I meant the daily chart. And yes it does appear to be sideways at the moment.

I was just back reading this thread and it appears Ideasmiths has a good point. If you look at the flat lines formed by Senkou Span B on the daily chart, it forms a channel between 131.81 and 130.9 for EUR/JPY. This is pretty much exactly the range of this pair over the past couple of days (especially clear when you zoom in the time frame).

Since the original rules say a sell is being set up at the open of the next daily candle, you could add a break of the channel at 130.9 support for a good trade?

chikou span below/above price?

I am looking at my chart and see that chikou span is the same as price. It is moving in the same time as the price, and the same amount as the price.

[B]SO - how to understand your buying/selling conditions[/B]
To SELL: Condition 2: Chikou Span below the Price Line.

To BUY: Condition 2: Chikou Span above the Price Line.

It must be below the price curve not the actual price.
The line is 26 periods back so if it looks like it is running sideways into the price 26 periods ago then it is a sign of consolidation and you should not be buying or selling.
An example of a chinkou sell signal is this (note that this is a weak signal as it occurred above the cloud)

The chikou span [B]is [/B]the price, itā€™s just projected 26 periods back into the past.

What he means is that the price now (show by the chikou span) is below where the price was 26 periods ago.

ok thanks SanMiguel & phil838