Idiotic laws and political correctness gone mad

Politicians worldwide seem to have a real knack for wasting public money and time when there are far more important issues that should be addressed.

Saw this beauty today;

Can we still call Hot Dogs by that name, after all they don’t contain dog. And what about Spotted D◆◆k?

1 Like

I heard about that a while ago. “Veggie discs” makes me crack up every time I read it.

2 Likes

I think most of us will use words “burgers” or “sausages” anyway

I couldn’t believe this is all for real. I recommend you to go to some 3rd world country and live here for few years and got all the problems of it really. So this things like that problems of vegans will make you laugh all the way. Lot of people starving and do not have problems what hot dog to be called.

1 Like

I think we can concur on that one mate !

I think it is an interesting position though with two “Ideologies” ging head to head. Tbh I have an evangelising Vegan quite close to me and I she is a real pain, but I do object to her saying things like “Vegan chicken”, Vegan steak etc - I don’t have the same issue with her “Cauliflower steak”

We in the rest of the population have “pork sausage”, beef sausage, turkey sausage etc, then we have “Cumberland”, Lincolnshire, Garlic sausages though do contain a high proportion of meat, usually pork. So maybe there IS an impplication that a sausage contains miced meat and fat in a tube formed from the animal’s intestine ? Well nowadays, the tube is made from plastic (I think) and they did that without telling us, so why would we be able to object if they filled the plastic tube with something other than meat ?

The vegans know that people LIKE Meat ! so they seem to name their fakery to imply that it is somehow ok for us to pretend to ourselves that it is somehow a “Meat substitute” - One can see that this is likely to piss off butchers and those involved in animal husbandry (Whom the “Vegans” detest with a vengeance) and various countries in the EU produce quite a lot of meat and dairy products ! There is no doubt that the “Vegans” are attacking them and probably costing their populations considerable amounts of profit. So I think they probably have a valid moan that these fundamental “Enemies” should be hijacking the names of their flagship foods and products and calling their produce by the already established name but with “Vegan” stuck in front of it !

People then associate that with something they quite enjoy - something “Wholesome” and the Vegan vegetable processing factories and their middle men gain an undeserved monetary advantage by devious means.

I didn’t expect when I started writing this to say - I AGREE with the EU ! But That is my position !

However the article says the Vegans (Or at least a CHARITY purporting to act n their behalf) intend to “Challenge” the proposal.

I wonder how exacly they intend to do that - They mechanism for doing so is not immediately apparent to me !

And THAT is one of my major objections to the “EU” ! (The immense cost is another) as is the fact that if they say it shall be done - Our Parliament just signs the form and it is law in the UK !

Surely we don’t need BOTH Sets of Politicians ? Wasting our money in duplicate - although perhaps with the “Civil Service” - In triplicate ?

Just one vegan’s(well, I eat fish, so Pescatarian) view on this. I don’t care what the H E Double Hockey Sticks you eat. It doesn’t affect me one iota that you eat meat.

Anyways we’ll keep calling them burgers or sausages :grinning:

We should call them sausages and burgers because they are carefully designed to look like sausages and burgers.

Though some deluded half-wits will continue to think that changing the label on something changes the thing itself.

Hamburgers dont have ham in them, its usually ground beef that’s used.

Here’s another one they have sneaked through last thursday apparently !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHgLYNBNrc