If you Don't Have a Mentor you are wasting your time

Hmmm. :thinking: I think people are just iffy about looking for trading mentors they could really trust. :sweat_smile: Of course it would be great to have someone looking after your trades, right? :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just so hard to find, and people end up learning about it themselves. :stuck_out_tongue: (I also think it’s suuuper helpful to have other experienced traders guiding you, but not necessarily “mentoring” you.) Haha.

2 Likes

It’s very hard to manage, better is manual learning (it’s my personal experience).

There are so many would be mentors that you can’t see who really are qualified to mentor you as a newbie. I think the biggest question is who qualifies and where can you find the best mentors.

Exactly! Trust and where to find a good one.

you cant solely rely on the mechanics, you also have to go within. you have to train your psychology. it is true that a mentor could accelerate the learning process, but with discipline and dedication you can learn and master anything on your own. Reading, researching, joining groups of like minded people to discuss any question just the same way we are doing now, and some other ways that best fit your way of learning. so if you are reading this and cant afford to pay someone to teach you i just want to say, keep going on your own, join groups of like minded individual, keep trying to figure it out, read as much as you can, practice as much as you can, and dont let anything get in your way.

1 Like

First time I saw the thread title, I was like WTF, a mentor is a must? No way. only dull new forex traders would need a mentor along the way. A smart forex trader learns all there is to know from either paid resources or free youtube videos and there. You don’t need no one sucking you dry while you trading. Mentoring does not come free.

1 Like

Right? :open_mouth: I feel like I’d probably only trust people here who don’t really ask for any compensation before giving you trading suggestions. :open_mouth:

1 Like

So you trade on 4H chart or use it to confirm the trend? Do you look for specific candle formations to confirm?

1 Like

I use the 4H TF for both analysis and opening trades.

No patterns or candle formations - just clean S&R with the trend or previous session highs and lows.

This was yesterday, caught the Fed rate decision too on the final GU trade, a short that was crying out from a S&R point of view well before the news was out.

4 Likes

Very Nice Bacon!

1 Like

I am a little skeptical that a person needs a mentor.

There is some high quality information in this forum, there are some great instructional articles every week.

Trading is a self taught business requiring persistence and discipline.

We only need one entry to make a living… is a mentor needed to learn one entry?

4 Likes

Having a professional trader as a friends to guide you sometimes is not a bad idea. Just don’t pay anyone at first, unless they have a proven trading system that they can give to you.

I think; this is much better topic (rather than your current one): “if you don’t have a mentor than your journey will be harder!” because, I have seen so many successful traders without Forex mentor!

How about “How do I tell the genuine FX mentors from all the scammers?”

4 Likes

First off, I never begrudge money spent learning the fundamentals. Years ago I bought a coach. The coach was enlisted for 90 days. The coach led me to this site and taught me the MT4, and made me promise to help others, no fee involved. I’d never dismiss the fact that I paid ‘Carl’ for helping me. In addition, I still buy and read the books, I still peruse utube, and I still ‘play’ with other strategies.
When I approach people on forex, the first thing I do is lead them here. They have my email and cell number. My phone has yet to ring. Most folks want things NOW.
I believe if you want to master something, it must be the fundamentals (thank you Coach Wooden), and I don’t mean interest rates, news, NFP. Fundamentals to me is “Ok folks, this round thing in my hand is a basketball and it goes through that metal hoop way up there”. That’s fundamentals to me.
In forex, “Ok folks, you will have questions. I’m here to help. Begin here at BP with chapter 1”.

3 Likes

Coach John Wooden had an amazing NCAA career. Attached is his leadership pyramid!

2 Likes

Amen to that Midwest. I saved that. THX

The point exactly, while having a mentor is good and timely, you can’t keep relying on him forever. There will always come a time when you would have to be on your won 90%.
You can always go back to him for advise, but the sooner you start doing things yourself the better for you

1 Like

Better; thanks your opinion mate! Have a good day.

If you want to be a full time professional trader you will have to eventually learn to trade on your own. With that said, a mentor will work wonders for you in the beginning. There is soooo much useless information on the internet that you can spend 2 years chasing your tail. You can cut a lot of this out by finding a trusted mentor. I made every mistake possible when I started and speak from experience. Fast forward 7 years and I now run a successful group of traders by trading LIVE with them as well as running a telegram signal channel. At Trading Friends my members Earn While they Learn. Results are posted at the end of every session.

4 Likes