If you Don't Have a Mentor you are wasting your time

That’s really not the purpose of demo accounts and I guess every trader knows it. What makes the difference is the broker you select. I demo traded with at least 4 brokers, turnkey forex, eToro, pepperstone, and forexcom and with each of these, my strategy just became better having had a sheer idea of what needs to be done when a certain movement takes place that’s not in your favor.

Speaks sense

I never had a mentor i don`t believe in them. :wink:

1 Like

I have no idea what that means.

They are not a religion.

Its not about guidance, its about developing a working system.

That means i don`t trust mentors.

This is mostly false, the biggest hurdle I had was navigating through thousands of courses and get rich quick schemes, robots, signals and so on. After being scammed a few times I simply said screw that and started using the most simple indicators, I only trusted my own experiments and through months of doing exercises on the demo account I was able to succeed. If I had a particular problem I googled it and cross verified each bit of information like “best settings for macd”, “which indicator to use to show the strength of a trend”, “what is hidden divergence”. Slowly I built up my knowledge and now I would never trust any random course or mentor trying to sell me something. So yeah a true real life friend mentor would have helped but you can do it without one. I simply had no such friends.

1 Like

Good luck becoming consistent

Could you explain me what mentors have in common with consistency? :thinking:

I would of thought common sense would prevail.

All of the information is out there for free on how to be a successful trader.

But you got to know how to put it all together.

That’s where a mentor comes in.

You say you don’t believe in mentors is like saying you don’t believe in flying instructors but every pilot will need one to fly successfully, they don’t learn alone…

Lawyers pay for education

Golfers who want to go pro have coaches

You get the idea…

Every trader doesn’t need a mentor. Some of them can do great without them also.

Yes i get it BUT…
You dont risk lives like pilots do. Lawyers and golfers are professions. You dont need a law education to know your rights.
You can play golf without coach. Yes, you wont be a Tiger Woods may be, but can be good enough. I also can give you a lot of examples but thats not the point.
Dont get me wrong. The problem is not the mentors itself but the fake mentors mainly. I dont like mentors and that`s only my opinion.

There are many who don’t have a mentor. But still they are doing good in the market.

a mentor helps you not to go through unneccesary stress

1 Like

I was afraid of scams. This fear cost me a decade. I should have wisely selected a mentor and admitted that i didnt know, my ego was in the way. Everyone thinks they know better, we all suffer from this. Now that i have a working system i always offer to train people for free and help them toggle the ego(mind) strategically. A small percentage survive my training. You will be humbled

There are a lot of hopeless mentors out there as well.

And if you, as a n00b, land up with one of them, then you are f00cked.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If you are paying to be in a premium trading room, the trader(s) have to be visibly practising what they preach, in real time, and/or prior to events playing out. If they aint practising their own teachings, with on the whole positive results, then don’t listen to a word they say, and stop subscribing.

The clunker-dunce who taught me how to trade, was basically a one trick pony value trader, which may have allowed him to turn $500 into over $1M in crypto (yes really), but left him a clueless voyeur in every other sort of market environment, which of course didn’t prevent him from thinking his methods worked in any market environment, and letting his students think that also…even though he almost never traded anything but the bottom of crypto pump n dump cycles.

Put years on my trader development with all his red herring clunky retail retard Red Herring b.s.

I hate that guy!

when you are your own mentor or when your mentor still hasnt solved it, then of course’ years get added. avoid doing both because youre just as clueless as a bad mentor, maybe more.

get aggressive and hunt down the right guy if you fail its you doing something wrong so maybe you need a mentor to help you find a mentor jc. be humble in your approach since your asking for something invaluable

mentor
johnny

Do you mentor?

humility goes a long way in any elite sport. perfect people struggle with becoming pro anything.

I disagree with you. There are many successful self taught traders and you can also learn on your own if you are willing to take efforts in the right direction. You don’t need a mentor but you really need some patience.