If you're so close to your TP, but it's a Friday, do you close it?

:open_mouth: THEN, I wish we can get you in more conversations that stimulate your brain! :open_mouth: If you don’t mind, does your family have history of having it? :open_mouth:

1 Like

No history, just my paranoia!

1 Like

Loads of people share that “paranoia” these days, though: dementia seems to be more and more common everywhere? (Maybe partly because more people these days live into their late 80’s and 90’s?). The media are packed with stuff/stories/info about dementia, now?

1 Like

Perhaps it’s just the media telling their usual lies to scare people?
Something I find strange about the longevity thing - why are people living longer when they keep telling us that so much crap is being eaten and food was more wholesome in the good old days. Are the food preservatives preserving us? :joy: I don’t believe it’s just advances in medicine.

Anyway, don’t believe anything they say. And smoking is good for you - they just don’t like smokers.

3 Likes

I don’t set a TP unless the underlying conditions for taking the trade change, the day of the week/month/year makes no difference. If they haven’t changed but the price charts signal a correction, I may or may not take partial profits (depending on correction time horizon) then look for a pullback to add to (or add back) the position.

Same. If I’m close to my TP on a Friday, I use stop loss and take profit too.