If you're thinking about using Fxcm. DONT! and here's why

[QUOTE=“Napoleonsolo51;626159”]thanks for this liberty silver, i was about to open an account with FXCM. Now I won’t[/QUOTE]

I reccomend using XM Markets best brokers best customer service , you cantrol more lots with less equity

Thank you LibertySilver,

This is helpful information.

[QUOTE=“Roxy2014;626399”]Thank you LibertySilver, This is helpful information.[/QUOTE]

This is my first time seeing somthing like this with them they actually , pushed the price down a extra 40 pips

Sure its not the other way round man ?
XM is a MM broker…
Just saying hey…

[QUOTE=“The Mig;626771”] Sure its not the other way round man ? XM is a MM broker… Just saying hey…[/QUOTE]

1000% fxcm is market maker as will the proof is in the two photos above I have more pictures from my computer fxcm is the worst company

Im trying Oanda at the moment they seem pretty cool.

i totally agree. you might want to read my thread here: 301 Moved Permanently

it’s the same ****!

30 pips bid-ask spread for 2 seconds during normal trading hours !! The FXCM bug is actually a feature.

Where on your FXCM account do you read what type is it (NDD/DD) ? I’ve looked now and see only 2 links to switch from one to another, but it doesn’t tell what I have now.

Why did they buy a HFT company then ?

FXCM cannot see my SL ? I don’t understand this.

Hi Mihk,

While I would like to address your concerns, I’m not sure what you mean by this last statement. Could you please clarify?

The typical spreads for the 12 most popular currency pairs are about 1 pip lower on DD accounts.

When FXCM acquired Lucid Markets in the summer of 2012, we stated in the public presentation that Lucid won’t be making markets for retail clients on our No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution, and that’s still the case today.

While Lucid makes markets for our institutional clients and retail DD clients (who account for less than 1% of our retail volume), 100% of the order flow from our NDD execution is offset with independent third party liquidity providers which include several of the largest banks in the world.

FXCM’s deep and diverse pool of 10+ liquidity providers helps to ensure that our NDD prices are reliable – not set by a single provider – and that they do reflect the broader forex market. Client orders automatically fill from the NDD price feed, which is the best available bid and ask prices from all of our liquidity providers after our fixed pip markup that acts as a commission.

Your orders rest on FXCM’s servers, and are invisible to our liquidity providers, which means they can’t see your stop losses, take profits, or entry orders; they only see market orders coming from FXCM when your order price has been triggered.

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;627916”] Hi Mihk, While I would like to address your concerns, I’m not sure what you mean by this last statement. Could you please clarify? The typical spreads for the 12 most popular currency pairs are about 1 pip lower on DD accounts. When FXCM acquired Lucid Markets in the summer of 2012, we stated in the public presentation that Lucid won’t be making markets for retail clients on our No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution, and that’s still the case today. While Lucid makes markets for our institutional clients and retail DD clients (who account for less than 1% of our retail volume), 100% of the order flow from our NDD execution is offset with independent third party liquidity providers which include several of the largest banks in the world. FXCM’s deep and diverse pool of 10+ liquidity providers helps to ensure that our NDD prices are reliable – not set by a single provider – and that they do reflect the broader forex market. Client orders automatically fill from the NDD price feed, which is the best available bid and ask prices from all of our liquidity providers after our fixed pip markup that acts as a commission. Your orders rest on FXCM’s servers, and are invisible to our liquidity providers, which means they can’t see your stop losses, take profits, or entry orders; they only see market orders coming from FXCM when your order price has been triggered.[/QUOTE]

Why are your prices with gold off buy 40-60pips from other brokers and websites featuring professional charts

Hi Juergen,

Interesting thread! I believe I may have a solution for you. Specifically there are two custom order types available for FXCM’s Trading Station called “Bid-Triggered Buy” and “Ask-Triggered Sell” (attached)

If you use them instead of traditional stop loss orders, then you never have to worry about being stopped out due to spread widening.

Opposite_stop.zip (2.1 KB)

Hi Libertysilver,

I was about to ask you the same question, because I don’t believe that to be the case. The example you showed was from 10am New York time last Wednesday during a Fed announcement. During such times liquidity providers will widen their spreads and there can be great volatility in prices. Do you have another example you could provide that’s not during a news event?

Thanks,
Jason

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;627919”] Hi Libertysilver, I was about to ask you the same question, because I don’t believe that to be the case. The example you showed was from 10am New York time last Wednesday during a Fed announcement. During such times liquidity providers will widen their spreads and there can be great volatility in prices. Do you have another example you could provide that’s not during a news event? Thanks, Jason[/QUOTE]

Yes I can send you a picture from yesterday I’m looking @ gold prices from 2 diffrent brokers and fxcm prices has been diffrent the last few times

& I don’t think it’s the spread it could be but if that’s the case you guys have very expensive /wide spreads extremely wide but I cheacked on a few online charts and price did not reach the point it did on that date

Hi Jason,

my personal reason to not use FXCM is the hidden swap rates in MT4:
[I]
MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SWAPLONG) [/I] works with every broker except FXCM.

Would be great when your technical team solves this issue.

FXCM ,Oando proreal time, axitrader, etc. wont and can’t have the same numbers on the charts…
we are playing in markets that dont have a central process like stocks and normal futures… its liquidity houses playing off each other and we go through those…
Not saying this to anyone directly but I think the problem lies in the fact that people don’t know exactly how these liquidity houses work…
The prices are relatively close but wont be the same , think of it like buying a second hand car , you find the same type of car with the same mileage and same year model in different dealers, but all of those car dealers will have a different price for the same car… know what I mean ? … hope so …

Brokers are merely middle men between us and the liquidity providers… if spreads widen then its the liquidity guys doing it not the broker… I’ve been to one in Switzerland ( A really big one)… got to learn that side of things from their stand point…

I learnt that the way to be consistently profitable as a retail trader, you’ll need to cater your positions for their business model… Understanding how they work in depth helps so much in retail trading…

Thanks Libertysilver :57:

I’ll be happy to take a look at the information you provide.

[QUOTE=“Jason Rogers;628240”] Thanks Libertysilver :57: I’ll be happy to take a look at the information you provide.[/QUOTE]

Up & till now / last week I noticed that , before I though you guys where a fantastic company in fact I have a very good friend of mine who trades with over 100k with your company but he dosent trade gold ,this is just simply my experience with your company I will post the pictures you asked to see in the other fourm , so you can see for your self, have seen you the pictures I posted already in the other fourm , ?

I appreciate your feedback, Johnny. As you may already know, swap rates are visible on our Trading Station platform which you also have access to using your MT4 account login. However, since you need to access this information from within MT4 to be able to use the MarketInfo function, I’ve asked out technical team to look into this matter further. I’ll post an update here if they are able to provide a solution.

I’m glad to hear that your friend continues to enjoy a positive experience with FXCM. The fact that you’ve traded with us for a couple of years and started to encounter the problems you describe only last week gives me hope that I will be able to find a solution for you.

I saw the images you posted earlier in this thread, but those were from when spreads widened during a Fed speech. It was hard to tell from that lone example if this is part of a larger problem or simply a case of price volatility during a news event. Are there any other examples you can post here?

Nothing wrong with FXCM. I m impressed with their platform. It has features that MT4 doesn’t have.