I'm finally done with the School! :)))

When trading live or demo, there is no one who can control emotions completely. but by means of regular practice with great discipline of course emotions can be controlled.

1 Like

When we trade in demo actually we can’t feel emotions at all because there is no real money, for that reason the experience in demo trading works not practically in a real account. So, I always prefer for the beginner’s level a micro account to acquire a live experience even though sometimes it causes great losses.

As a beginners level I don’t support live trading, because it can make them much emotional and greedy. Demo trading can bring good knowledge and experience if anyone trade here according to the preschool level knowledge. It depends on trader’s psychology.

2 Likes

I agree! :slight_smile: I think that “not feeling anything” at all doesn’t really apply when you lose or gain money. Plus, I wouldn’t want to get rid of that either since it’s what made Forex trading very interesting for me-- the thrill and anticipation! :smiley: (Although I haven’t really traded live.) Hahaha. [quote=“Hadden, post:47, topic:130618”]
When we trade in demo actually we can’t feel emotions at all because there is no real money, for that reason the experience in demo trading works not practically in a real account. S
[/quote]
For me, I could still feel emotions whenever I’m demo trading. :sweat_smile: Sometimes, I get very upset that certain moves I’ve anticipated don’t go my way! :frowning: But thank you for your advice! I will keep that in mind. :slight_smile:

I think it really does prepare you for what would come once you go live! :smiley: I agree! I mean, as for me, I’ve been losing so much but I get to learn from my mistakes and try to avoid these plays! :sweat_smile: Haha. :slight_smile:

Emotions we can’t remove completely at all , it’s true. No one can avoid it successful or general trader . but of course emotions can be controlled by proper practice of trading with great discipline . good luck

Mistake and losses is a common issue as a armature, it’s not a big deal. Just try to avoid same mistake again, if you cannot come out from past mistake , there is no possibility to become a good trader at all. that’s why always keep concern about last mistake.

Every loss teaches us a good lesion; if we can utilize that experience of course the percentage of losses can be reduced with certainly.

@Wara_arif
hehe
mate, before anyone notices… change Lesion to LESSON… Trust me , even if you don’t understand… change it . hehe

congrats i will begin studying from march

1 Like

That’s great @letusc! :slight_smile:

Please do! Let me know what your favorite course would be! :smiley: It would be great talking to another newbie about the school again because even after I have opened my demo, I still find myself reading through cheat sheets on there! :sweat_smile:

It’s odd how easy it is to consistently LOSE - isn’t it ? Whereas it’s really hard to consistently win !

Something I found confusing but useful too is to make notes when entering a trade of exactly Why the trade was entered and to write down the feelings - so often it is a “Fear of missing out” and exits are often due to a fear of losing too much. (on the very bar which is a “Reversal point” ).

I think “education” really starts when you go back and examine these trades afterwards (take screen shots of teh action on small time scales) - then go throughh them again, and try to feel those same emotions. See how your emotions "(Evolution’s protection mechanisms) are entirely inappropriate in trading.

We are forever told from birth “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” - Well maybe for a “Hunter gatherer” that is true, but in a trading environment, it is self destructive. (Small wins - Big losses)

Then when you have done that a few times, when you are ready to take your next bet, steel yourself and when the pressure to “Bet” is intolereable, press the button, but instead of “Buying” - SELL ! {I assume you are on “Demo” btw}

There is a lot of “stuff” to be learned !

1 Like

D’you know what Martin ? - I think “Lesion” is actually a good word for it ! :laughing:

We may not learn much from the experience - but we are definitely “bruised” :wink:

1 Like

@Falstaff hehe maybe it is :stuck_out_tongue:
oh well. … too late to change it now

Yes. :smiley: I am still on demo. And I think I might stay on demo for quite a while. :sweat:

This is so true! :sweat: Sometimes, I see the market move in favor of my trade and just when I thought I’m gonna hit my target, everything changes! I GET SO CONFUSED AND FRUSTRATED trying to figure out what I did wrong. :angry:

I’m going to keep this in mind @Falstaff! :slight_smile: Thank you so much for the advice!

My latest trades were mostly influenced by signals that I see people post. Like, “Now is the best time to buy EUR bla bla” with all the information like where to put my SL, TP. I thought this is the sure way to go since these are experts talking about trusted signals. But somehow, things still don’t go as planned and I still lose! :confused: I’m not sure what I did wrong. :frowning: But maybe, really looking back into the details of each trade would enlighten me. I’d do this for my next trade!

Thanks again! :blush:

Behind the losses there is a reason of course , and that is emotion and greediness generally . we can’t avoid this common human nature but by means of proper trading discipline we can controlled emotions and others bad trading habits. So, maintain real trading discipline is the main challenge to survive in fx trading.

Congrats @ria_rose on completing the course of Pipsology.

Best of luck

P.S: I am repeating the entire course second time.

and just for a laugh, i’m gonna put my 2 cents in

I’ve done the entire course 3 times
but MORE IMPORTANTLY…

I’ve watched all 24 seasons of THE SIMPSONS 6 times over hehe
Do you have any comprehension of how long that takes :stuck_out_tongue:
Mate, that’s committment

My next goal to watch all the seasons of the simpsons WHILE DOING THE COURSE :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have some time then check my following posts. These might prove you that how am I committed to myself.

How would you rate my Demo trading results?

USD/JPY short term counter trend - Buying opportunity

USD/CAD buying signals for Swing & Day trading

@anon58863749
i can respect that , but this comment

was referring to the time it takes to watch all THE SIMPSONS episodes in sequence from Episode 1 to the last one