I'm trying out the HLHB system!

I am really sorry to hear that! There are too many of these types of problems nowadays. I hope you can all get sorted out soon and without too much damage!

We will be here when you get back! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, that was quite a drop there on EU! We are now back at the daily pivot and around the IH 200-SMA.

If we break below these then we are probably dropping back to last Fridayā€™s close around 1.1685.

This has now dropped too far for me to consider buying into again, but is not far enough to generate a sell. So I am on the shelf again! These are fickle markets which are unfortunately again proving the value of the ā€œpip grabbingā€ mentality right now. Earned 24 pips this morning (only) and now back below the original entry level Not at all good from the point of view of trying out the HLHB system - or earning anything close to decent!

But this stuff is not really relevant to this thread so iā€™ll keep quiet until I see something happening that is! :smiley:

1 Like

And we just did exactly that (which also happened to be around the 4H 200-SMA!)ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi awesome peopleeee. :smiley: Iā€™m back with a vengeance. :blush: :blush: The flood has subsided and weā€™ve already cleaned the house. Haha. :slight_smile: Iā€™m super sorry if I made you guys worry. :frowning: But, itā€™s kind of a normal thing here during the rainy season so weā€™re kinda used to it already. :sweat_smile: Anyway, back to regular programming. :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually went in awhile ago just because I happened to open my charts and saw that the criteria were matching my indicators. :slight_smile:

I went short for EU @ 1.16266

And also short for GBP @ 1.30840

I hope the markets continue to drop just like what you said Manxx! :smiley: Haha. How are your positions now? :smiley:

GBPUSD is @1.30223 right now so Iā€™m up my 60 pips. :slight_smile: I think EURUSD is a bit more unstable @1.16074. Hmmm. :thinking:

Uh oh. :sweat: The markets seem to be changing directions. :thinking:

From 60 pips awhile ago, Iā€™m just at 45 pips now.

The same goes for EURUSD. :frowning: Hmm.

I was short EU yesterday but didnā€™t keep it overnight. So went short again this morning with a TL at 1.1600. So I am content with that (pip grabbing again!)

But I was really pleased with one other trade today that is not HLHB at all, but was a classic, what I term, quality set-up.

I rarely trade EURJPY, but this set-up caught my eye and I went for it. There was a clear breach on the 1H chart of a nice trend line that goes back to early July (green circle) and a simultaneous new crossover on my 4H chart and a cross through the RSI.

So it was a definite sell with a clear stop area, very near, back above the trendline. At the same time there was a good support level at 130.90, which happened to be just above the 1H 200 SMA (red circle)ā€¦it worked like a dream and hit my target there at 130.90,just a few pips off the low - and was promptly followed by a sharp rebound.

ā€¦but I am afraid I have lost touch with the HLHB at the moment - to my shame! :grimacing:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just gone in Long GBPUSD at 1.3064 as thatā€™s what the system seems to want me to do on the 1 hourly.

Now where should I put my stop ? - Normally Iā€™d fancy it for the retest of 1.3000 and look for a lower entry, so I have to take that into account.

Whether Iā€™m reading the ADX right Iā€™m not sure though.

and Iā€™m nervous that only 25% of retail are short - which is a pretty convincng counter argument, with 75% long - but I suppose they have to win one once in a while ! :laughing:

Iā€™ll edit later.

1 Like

Hi @Falstaff! I donā€™t really understand this (but I donā€™t understand many of the signals in this model! :smiley: )

My MAs have not crossed nor has the RSI?

On my own method, the 1H has just crossed positive but the 4H is still negative. During this period (until they finally both line up and agree which way to go) there tends to be some volatility and see-saw action. Letā€™s see how this plays out! :slight_smile: (good to see you posting here!)

1 Like

I reaaaally want to join in but we are currently suffering from the Typhoon Henry here in the Philippines and our house is currently flooded.

Hi @ria_rose I hope you and your family are ok

1 Like

Iā€™m out of GBPUSD 1.3068 - so 4 pips ! :laughing:

2 Likes

Hello all,

Iā€™m back from a business trip and now Iā€™m able to test the HLHB system again.

Iā€™m short in USDJPY, my entry position is 112.725, the EMA (5) crossed below the EMA (10) and the RSI crossed below the 50 mark.

RSI now Iā€™m using the median, since FxPro didnā€™t have the option I customized the RSI :slight_smile: I included the ADX but no really sure how to read the indicator, according with the school of pipsology if the ADX is lower than 25 the market is ranging and no trend to catch.

I will just let the HLHB system runs and see what happen and if you see Iā€™m not following the steps correctly please let me know

Thanks,

3 Likes

Hi gents, see EUā€¦ iā€™m not longā€¦ yesterday there was a signalā€¦ but a little considerationā€¦ I will open long only in case the ADX going above 25 from below ā€¦ other wise the risk is to enter in the market in a correction phase and not in trend ā€¦ see how the adx going down , now if the trend long is established we should see an up movement above 25 for an entryā€¦ this is only my opinion how to trade this system

2 Likes

Seems to have been a sensible move! :slight_smile: ā€¦at least for now. I must admit, my version is still looking downwards on this pair for nowā€¦

1 Like

Yes, I looked at that , too yesterday. But my own version still had a negative warning that this was a fakey :skull_crossbones:. And it seems it was, too! :smiley: :

I like your interpretation of the ADX 25. I have never used this indicator before and I am not so familiar with ā€¦ and I am not sure I really find it so useful on the HLHB either. But I have also thought about the relevance of its direction and I think you are probably right about that.

2 Likes

Yep , for me is relevant the directionā€¦ at the end also the adx is a MA ))

2 Likes

see for example nowā€¦ I would like to short EU ā€¦this configuration is what I likeā€¦ I ll wait london open to see if is still convenience an entry

2 Likes

One characteristic of MA crossovers is that they will always be, by definition, pointing one way or the other, even when a market is flat and trendless (which is usually where people give up a lot of pips from false signals). This is why this kind of system does need some kind of other filters to help avoid this feature in ranging markets.

I have to say that, flicking through all the majors right now, I am not seeing anything to inspire me at all this morning. The weakest looking are EU and GU but even those seem a little lacking in ā€œcommitmentā€ and I am wary of shorting either of them right now. Everything just seems, well, disinterested right now, across the globe. Maybe that is ā€œsummer syndromeā€ kicking in? Letā€™s see laterā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s just one example of what seems to highlight a lack of direction. This is just an EU one-hour chart from beginning of July with just a 4H 200 SMA on it. How much straighter could an MA get! Even Robin Hood would be impressed with that as an arrow!

But that doesnā€™t mean we wonā€™t see some moves - just that maybe the pip-grabbing smaller moves might be more productive right now?

But, again, the idea of this thread is to check out the HLHB as a system which is mechanical and only looks at its entry/exit signals, so I donā€™t think I should really be posting these kinds of thoughts here!!!

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œAlberto.GP, post:136, topic:156573ā€]
Iā€™m short in USDJPY, my entry position is 112.725, the EMA (5) crossed below the EMA (10) and the RSI crossed below the 50 mark.[/quote]

I would keep a tight watch on this one. The market is above last weekā€™s closing price and above the 1H 200 SMA. It is also, interestingly, against the SW rating in Dennisā€™ thread:

I am NOT saying you are wrong and, of course, you need to follow the system signals. All I am saying here is that there are signs that this could be a fakey as it is against some other types of indications. If you see a reverse signal then it is certainly worth closing it at that time, I think.

2 Likes