I'm trying out the HLHB system!

I always forget to consider events and fundamentals. :frowning: But, thanks for reminding me Manxx! :blush: I ended up sitting it out. :slight_smile:

If I opened a position as planned, I would’ve opened a short position at this candlestick only to watch the price move the other way. :sweat_smile: Whew. :relieved:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:
Tomorrow is, as I understand it, the big European Council meeting (working dinner! :slight_smile: ) specifically about Brexit and that is followed by the official EU summit on Thursday, which is mainly about other issues. So I think GBP is something to be cautious about pretty much all this week. Could go either way very quickly on rumours, leaks, comments, opinions and even official statements! :smiley:

2 Likes

Had to visit your thread to better understand the implications of these events! :sweat_smile: Huhu. It’s a very informative thread, especially for EURUSD traders. (I would like to say “like me” but I’m not a “real trader” yet :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’ll probably watch the moves of GBP this week and see if I could open any short-term trades based on quick price moves. :slight_smile:

Helloooo! :blush: Good afternoon guys. :smiley: I hope everyone’s having an amazing day. I’m about to eat my lunch and I just wanted to quickly check on my charts today to see if there are any good potential entries. :slight_smile:

Looks like GBPUSD’s on a downtrend in the 1hr chart. :thinking: Let’s see how things progress with this pair. No HLHB entries for me!

Until the end of the week, I’m thinking about looking into other currencies. I think I’d want the Brexit events to pass before trading with these pairs. :thinking: What do you guys say? Do you think it’s a bad idea? Huhu.

Anyway, good luck with your trades! :smiley: May the green pips be with you!

Hi guys! :blush: Haha. :smiley: I just got back from a fun get-together with my friends! :smiley: Waaah. I missed my college friends so much. :blush:

Anyway, I just wanted to check on you guys (and also my charts) before I go to bed. :smiley: What a fun day! :blush:

Short-term (short) trade for GBPUSD would’ve been nice. :smiley: Anyone in on this? :smiley: Haha.

Before I left, I also opened a short position for USDJPY. :slight_smile:

I went in @ 112.516. I created I’m feeling positive about this breakout. :smiley: My RSI is also <50 and my ADX is above >20. I’ll get ready for bed and check in to close my position in a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guuuys! :smiley: Happy Sunday! :smiley:

Just checking in to wish you all a happy happy weekend (or what’s left of it). :sweat_smile: One of my best friends is celebrating her birthday today so I had to go out and buy a gift for her. :blush: If you think I’m already a happy person, then, wait til you meet her. :stuck_out_tongue: She’s really a ray of sunshine. :blush:

Btw, for my USDJPY trade, I was able to snatch 45 pips! :smiley: Haha. I checked this again today and it looks very interesting. It looks like there’s another ascending channel beginning from the previous breakout. :slight_smile: It’s just that this time, we have lower highs and higher lows. :thinking: Hmm.

It was nice revisiting the lesson on resistance and support levels. :slight_smile: I remember loving the School’s lesson on chart patterns but since I’m following the system, I usually overlook these patterns. :sweat_smile: Anyway, we’ll be back to regular system trading tomorrow so I’ll go back to focusing on EURUSD and GBPUSD, as well as my indicators. :slight_smile:

Good luck to everyone! Let’s make this another amazing week. :smiley:

Good afternoon guuuys. :blush: Happy Monday! :smiley: How are you all doing?

I’m back to watch my charts for today. :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s a good time for me to open a short position for GBPUSD. :smiley:

Other indicators are already in place. :slight_smile: I’ll just wait til this candle closes below 50 RSI. :smiley:
Good luck with your trades guys!

UPDATE: I’m currently short for GBPUSD :slight_smile: I went short @ 1.30550. I’ll let you guys know how this trade goes before I go to bed. :smiley: Good luck to us!

Good morning guys! :smiley: How are your trades going today? :blush:

I’m still in my short GBPUSD trade. :slight_smile: There was a bit of consolidation around 1.298- 1.295 but my ADX is still moving up so hopefully, I’d hit my TP for this trade. :slight_smile:

Hmm. :thinking: I’m also considering looking at other pairs but using a different approach. What do you guys think of this? :open_mouth: I had fun checking out the chart patterns and I’d like to explore how I could incorporate that into my trading. After all, I really enjoyed the BabyPips school’s discussion on those. :sweat_smile:

Would it be a bad idea to demo trade AUDUSD and USDCAD? :frowning: I thought that it would be nice to try out a different approach to see if it suits me better. But so far, the HLHB system has also been making wonders for me. :smiley: Aaaaah. Let’s see. I might start a separate trading journal for that. :slight_smile:

Hi guuuys! :smiley: It’s pretty late here but I’d just like to update you about my GBPUSD trade. :smiley: Haha. I hit my 100 pips TP! Yaaaay! :blush: So happy. Anyway, I’ll probably hang around for a bit before heading to bed. :smile: But good night!

2 Likes

Sincere congratulations and well-deserved! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much Manxx! :blush: I haven’t really hit my TP with this system. Since I missed a lot of drastic moves, I end up entering just a few hours before the market changes its direction. :sweat_smile: But, it finally happened today! :smiley: I read your update too and good job on your EURUSD trade! :blush:

1 Like

Hello guuuuys! :blush: Happy Thursday! :smiley: Do you guys have any open trades right now?

As for me, I’m currently short on USDJPY. :slight_smile: I went short @ 112.402 just a bit after my RSI went below 50. :slight_smile: You could see that I also drew an ascending channel here. :slight_smile: Well, I just used it to help me see if there was an actual breakout. :sweat_smile: Haha.

Anyway, that’s it for me right now. I’ll let you guys know how this goes! :sunny:

Sounds to me like a sensible addition @ria_rose :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick question guys, what do you think using an EA to at least demo trade using this HLHB system?Any suggestions or insights?

1 Like

Yay! :blush: Haha. I started a separate thread mostly about chart patterns so I was a bit worried that the two strategies are gonna overlap. :thinking: But I guess I’m gonna stick to the HLHB for this one and just see every now and then if there are any patterns forming. :blush: Thanks for the continuous support! :heart:

Oh hi @osasfrancis88! :smiley: Soooo happy to hear from you. :blush: Hmm. Tbh I’m not really sure I understand the question. :thinking: Could you clarify your question please :smiley:

Hi guuuuys! :smiley: Happy Monday! :stuck_out_tongue: I woke up pretty early today but I still feel energized. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m done with most of my chores and now I’m ready to trade! :smiley: Hahaha.

I just opened my charts to see how my HLHB pairs are doing. :slight_smile: I missed most of the moves while I was away so I guess I’ll just wait for a good entry position for now.