I'm up 252%..... By simply using Price action on 1m

Hi,

What MA do you use?

Many thanks,

Thats a secret. Youā€™ll have to find your own MA and use the method I use. My hint to you is to use between MA 10 and ma 50

The attached chart shows you how I calculate my high/lowā€¦ Please look at the middle white line. That is the MA I use. Then look at the first candle which touched it. The high and low of that candle is marked with the poorly drawn blue circle. :22:

How do you determine when the end of the currency run is?

I set a trail stop of 1.9 pips once Iā€™m in the green more then 3 pips. I have an EA which automatically sets my trail stop to those settings during the last 5 seconds before every 1 min candle closes. Of course most times I miss out on a bigger move. Yet, the reality is because my equity is between 10 to 30 dollars per pip. I donā€™t aim for a big return. 3 to 5 pips just fine for me.

What happened February 8th lolā€¦ Pretty average performance curve on your myfxbook until thenā€¦ What changed?

I decided to go live with a method I tested for about 3 months on demo. If it worked on demo, it should work on live. So far it has gone well. I think the most important thing about trading is back testing, and staying true to your entries. That is the only reason why Iā€™m able to pull off so many consecutive wins.

Well Iā€™ll be watching your progress ā€¦ Keep it up manā€¦ Destroying the other methodologies that others are posting so far.

Psychologically it may become a challenge to not get caught up in protecting your wins and trade more cautiously ā€¦ Depending on how long youā€™ve been trading, that may be more or less easier to deal with.

Thanks for the advice. I would have to admit that it is very tempting to not use larger lot sizes. Yet, because Iā€™m banking on the reversal of my first entry. I kind of hold off on making the first order so large. Yet, if I can keep having 50 dollar profit trades, I should continue to do well. Especially considering that everytime i break 1k profit, I withdraw it all. So today I have requested a payout of 1310 :slight_smile: Which has bee processed. So my account is back to 2k once again :slight_smile:

How is your brokerā€™s executionā€¦? Experiencing much slippage on your market orders?

How much impact does the spread have on your trading? I would assume it would be tough to trade during times in the day where liquidity is low and spreads are higher.

And looking forward to explaining your strategy more. Itā€™s interesting, although those lot sizes on that balance would scare me. :open_mouth:

Big lot sizes but his stop losses are so small that its not a ton of riskā€¦ Gotta stay razor sharp on the discipline though.

The real test will come when he starts taking a few lossesā€¦ If he can take the losses in stride and manage to trade steady then weā€™ve got ourselves an impressive scalper here.

ACTUALLY, no slippage or requotes. I wish the spread was lower but I have not found an ecn brokers as of yet.

Well typically (when i dont pull my sl) my sl is 10 pips, with the spread of 2 already included. As I mentioned before I dont like my spread being so high, yet most brokers dont have less then 2 pips on eur/jpy :frowning:

I have not seen anybody scalp before. Good job on scalping.

I hope you donā€™t mind if I askā€¦I am curious how many currency pair do you scalp? or is it just for eur/jpy? and why this currency pair specifically and not other major pairs?

For now. :wink: Weā€™ll see how long it can last. Iā€™ve seen lots of scalpers comeā€¦ and eventually go. Thatā€™s just my experience with scalping. Personally, Iā€™m a fan of scalping and would love to, but I just canā€™t see any consistency with it. And Iā€™d say Iā€™ve lost more than gained when it comes to scalping.

Yikes 3.00 lot size, thatā€™s ~$30/pip on an account less than $5K (at the moment). A few of those and there goes 10% of your account, but I guess thatā€™s how you get the insane 400%+ ROI in such a short time. Unless Iā€™m mistaken and this is a micro account.

On another topic, have you ever looked at scalping off of tick charts?

I only trade eur/jpy. Reason being because of the swift reversal which it has. Typically for every 1 pip eur/usd moves eur/jpy moves 3. For the most part the system will work with any system.

I have never looked at scalping on tick charts. Yet tick charts would help me identify breakouts bit more carefully. Also note that I withdraw my weekly profit the second I gain over 1k profit. So the 1310 I have earned from Monday to today (wednesday night) I have withdrawn. That now brings my balance back to 2k usdā€¦

Perhaps taking a look at tick charts may help you with your scalping.

EURJPY 1M:

EURJPY 55T:

Thanks for the information. My question is where can I get access to backtest tick charts? Is there a fee?