In 21 Days: Practice Reading Charts, Understand the Price Action, Manage Your Risk & Compound Your Account

Ah btw, they are confirmation bars. It doesn’t mean that bar will be painted red and it will be red till the end. If it goes up, it’s going to be painted green and if it goes down it will be magenta.

Different colors just means that the bar is the confirmation bar… It never changes. Only color changes.

So you trade with no stops and small positions looking to have TP at the right places right?

I never said it was easy! You seem very good at twisting things to “say” what you want it to say! :smile:

Neither did I say that it takes only a few months!!! :smiley:

I just said that it is not simply a matter of X years and then you are there - it will never happen like that!

It takes great dedication and systematic learning and gradual improvement as well as learning to constrain oneself and to stay harnessed to the cart without bolting off in all directions whenever someone offers a “new winning” method.

But it is not a long journey. It was my pleasurable duty to train new traders in my team in an institutional dealing room and I don’t think any company is going to wait XXX years for their new traders to learn the business!!!

Of course, that is a very different environment, but not as different as one might think at first. It just makes a big difference when you have to justify to your boss why you did something instead of just groaning to yourself.

From what I have seen here on BP over these last few years there is a tendency to:

• focus too much on what method to use and ignore personal skills development
  • fail in studying and understanding the construction, properties and characteristics of the indicators/PA methods that one is relying on
  • progress too quickly from microlots to excessive risk
  • fail to plan and execute a consistent and realistic risk/reward management practice
  • focus on individual trades instead of overall results over a planned period
  • fail in analysing trades and learning from them
  • placing emphasis on entries and forgetting exit strategies
  • cutting profits short and thereby destroying the overall P/L plan
  • overtrading, trading with too close stops, revenge and countless other non-professional trading practices

If it is going to take someone years to overcome these kinds of issues then fine, if they actually ever get there! But few clearly have the patience or the discipline for so long and either drop out or crash out.

If someone has the intelligence and the discipline to look beyond the immediate future and stay focused on the plan, then they will get there - and the time it takes will depend on nothing more than their own determination and devoted efforts - but few can do that, believe me!

But I see I am drifting off topic so I’ll stop here.

2 Likes

yes, i trade like this:
lot = account_balance / 50.000 (sometimes 100.000)

I only need leverage to trade multiple symbols at a time.

There are things that you say that i agree, now very few traders will have the opportunity to learn from successful traders. The ones that dont have that luck will probably spend years learning how to trade. And i was referring the time that will most likely take for the majority. Now i think that is wrong for you to call lazy and say that me and others in the same situation as me are not willing to put the work, when the reality is that if we want to get there we will have to work harder than the ones getting a good education from someone you knows what he is doing.

And may i ask for what institutional dealing room do you work?

May i ask you how you deal with the losing trades that start to get bigger. Do you just close them

I never needed to close them. I always add with calculated point change

So lets say if you buy and price starts to go down you will just sell and try to make more money on the sells than what the buy trade is losing is it something like this?

It’s hedging. I don’t hedge. Price goes my way more than 90%. However, this doesn’t happen at the same time. I have backtests since 2004.

Assuming that you are living in EU and you have EURO in your wallet. What happens if EURUSD goes down? Do you wipe your account? At least you still have your EURO.

Not using leverage is the key here. I will explain this in details after i finish my tests.

Anyone traded AUD data here? I will send a new post about trading news. There’s a simple effective strategy for scalping

1 Like