In need of a no-commissions broker with a balanced out trading environment

Agreed it’s all about the strategies and it’s all correlated actually like a higher win rate for the trades would result in better flexibility with the risk/reward ratio. And similarly a high risk/reward ratio would signify that your win rate even is lower could mean you’re still profitable.

Ditto and I feel the low time-charts have kind of worked in my favor so far. I mean I do use tick charts and order books that help me notice even the smallest information about the price momentum.

@William! All I have been interested so far is to capture a few pips profit from the trades since a few pips is a target that’s quite easier to achieve when I compare with other trading strategies. Why bother so much, right?

Can’t agree more buddy. I won’t deny to have got the trend wrong, but I simply waited for the price momentum to pull back or reach the resistance zone. Momentum and support and resistance indicators are the strategies I rely upon and luckily things have been going in my favor so far.

But doesn’t one require a high capital to maintain the positions especially when the drawdown levels are expected?

Usually, the brokers that don’t charge ANY commission, charge you from spread mark ups. So, basically you are paying them indirectly through higher spreads. Wide spreads often create problems to traders, specially scalpers. I advise you to look for a broker that offers low commission and narrow spreads.

Agreed. Reaching profit targets in my experience as a scalper and a swing trader both, has been easier to realize with scalping mainly because the smaller price movements in the few pips range are more likely to take place. Trading on smaller time frames on different platforms, say avatrade, xm, fxview, has always worked better for me.

Ya I am settled in my head with this point now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who did you settle on?

Hi, I’m looking for a broker change and I’m in serious need of some suggestions. Thanks.

That’s right. Can’t do without low spreads and finding a broker that not only provides them but is also reliable is such a treat.

What I am settled with is that I don’t want a no commission broker :slight_smile:

If I am making profits currently I wouldn’t see any reason for change.

Try not to worry about it so much. Just make a list of them and pick one or more. Do whatever suits you because ultimately it is you who are trading. Oanda, Fxview, Fxpro, etc are all okay and reputed platforms.

In my experience, creating the right balance between the position size can make some good difference to trading. No matter what strategy or broker you’re using, it is important to focus on the right trade size. The position size is usually determined by the number of lots and the type of lot you use.

I don’t think you should pay so much attention to it and simply focus on managing your trades. Try to set up the risk limit per trade and try to understand the pip value of the trade. Good luck mate!

Sound good! Adding an example to my previous point. IC markets is one of them. Check their standard account, it is commission-free but have a mark-up to their spreads. You are ultimately paying with wider spreads.

I agree with you and this is exactly how I go about selecting a broker. I analyse their trading conditions and add them to a list I have. Whatever suits me best, I go with it. Right now I’ve been working on some major currency pairs with Cityindex and Fxview. I have even changed my strategy from scalping to day trading, and experimenting with JPY and even gold

Really? With so many people raving about its low spreads? I heard from so many traders that spreads with IC Markets are less than 1.

1 Like

Yes, that is right.