Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Hello!!! Long time no see ahahah I have been out of intraday tradin due to exams -_-

edit: tried to share a chart list from stockcharts.com but bummer I guess it didnt work :frowning: sorryyy!!! :56:

Skratch1989

Looks like we need to login to see it.

closed all positions as this looks suspiciously like the top of a mm sell profile today. tempted to short an aim for todays lows

Yep, lower lows USDX, no higher highs on the Fiber, 10yr not going lowerā€¦

btw also nice opportunity for a cable long this morning. mf broken to the upside, drop into ote and prev. weekly low at 1.5090. also big asian range. most of the time once the high or low is taken out the days movement will stay in that direction. at least that is my observation, not sure what ict said about it.

The USDX has flatlined and 10yr is going through a very tight consolidationā€¦ euro looks like it has TPā€™d at the pivot? But not enough strength for new shorts just yetā€¦ If you look at around the 1.286 area it looks like not enough orders were filled in that space. Iā€™m hoping we see a move back up there. Ideally iā€™d like to see a break out of 1.29. My stops have been tightened anyway, closed off 3/4 of my position so the rest is just the cherry.

Is this particular diveregence relevant only for a short time ie for a quick scalping for 20-30 pips? Thanks

It depends on the timeframe used. In this case, the divergence occurred on the 15M, so a 20-30 pip scalp would be ideal (with a tight SL to help R:R), however, it may be a indication that we are to push lower today, in which case we could see 50+ pips. Its hard to tell on an intraday basis, especially midweek with some high volatility news items coming out tomorrow and Friday.

If you notice the divergence on the 1H or 4H, then its more than likely you will see a bigger move occur.

EDIT: Another important factor is where the divergence occurs, if you get it at a noted higher time frame level of support or resistance, then you may also be in for a decent bounce from that. S&R trumps all, always consider the higher time frame levels before getting in, even if youā€™re trading off a 15M chart.

Hello everyone, I have a question about bonds. Last Monday April 1st on the 30min weekly chart of 30 year bonds there was a lower low from the low on March the 28th - low on April 1st Monday and on 10 year and 5 year higher lows so the T bonds and T notes went up that day April 1st but the dollar went down
My understanding was Bonds up = Yields down = dollar up
Could someone explain please if you get a chance
John

I try:
It is my understanding that Money always goes to the highest yieldsā€¦ If youre investing money, where would you put it if A would pay you 5% interest on your investment or B which pays 1.5% interest on your investmentā€¦
I would obviously go for A.

So If US bond yields are going up, it will attract more buyers. These buyers will buy US bonds for US dollars and hence increase demand for USDā€¦ So it is my understanding that if Bonds are down- Yields are up and USD is up.

please correct if wrong
cheers

by the way: could you explain what a 30 minute weekly chart is?

This should explain if ur lost:

Yes Fishmoyne - ICT calls it USDX Triad divergence - my favourite tool - triad usually Fibre/US10yr/USDX (for me).

For example yesterday I posted that the div you mention would eventually pull the usdx down, I expected maybe in NY session, but I see it waited to LO today (which often happens).

It alerts me to a move in fibre which I view as dubious and without reason (judas) and so can help me in my bias.

Check out the USDX, Fiber and 10Yr now :slight_smile:

I see it Jonny - knee jerk to the adp report, wait until the next one ism at 16.00 our time (15.00 gmt) ā€¦

Some are trying to second guess the nfp on the basis of the adp report (158k vs 200 expected).

Think Iā€™ll keep my powder dry for now.

Never seen that before! Massive spike on 10yr with divergence (lower lows usdx, lower high euro).

Iā€™ve tightened my stop even further. This PA is quite weird, I donā€™t know what the prevailing factor would be. Sticking to my plan though, not fussed if I get stopped out.

As suspected went to 1.2860 seems some resistance there and OTE short for low/high also. Took off more of my position @ 55 pips just leaving a very small amount on. I wish every day was this good for trades lolā€¦

Gnite guys trade well!

bonds gone crazy again

Market Reversal profile in action?

iā€™m short 1.2860. i hope so :wink: btw but im not expecting a reversal profile. dont expect todays low to get taken out. first tp 1.2820

Same here, took 21 pip and closed the shop for today

Another impressive rally at the end of play today, massive push on the 10YR

Quick retest of the old high before blowing out the previous highs around 13236

This is the first time Iā€™ve actively analysed Bonds/T-Notes like this before big news events, Iā€™ll be very interested to see how this plays outā€¦