Interest Rate Gets Me Again

The rule of thumb is to avoid trading during elevated volatility or widen stop losses or participate into news trading only if you have speed edge of EA that takes trading decisions very quickly

1 Like

You have no influence over the market interest rate. There is nothing you can do about it. Realising that is a given and moving forward is the best option.

Inflation Rate announcement today.
Iā€™m currently in trades backing USD strength.
Although I like to think Iā€™m prepared for eventualities, I am wondering what effect it might have on my open trades. :thinking:

The announcement worked in my favour. My open trades buying USD sky rocketed to the plus side. When the moved stalled I closed and collected the profits. This afternoon I have watched the markets retrace towards pre-announcement levels. I am now picking out new entry points to get back in the markets. @Blue2 :wink:

1 Like

Love it!! @blokeofkent Well-done!!

Maybe you can explain why I havenā€™t been so fortunate. Iā€™m shorting copper and when this announcement came the price smashed down through a support level, so I did some ā€œpyramidingā€ only for the price to suddenly turn and rocket up through the next resistance level. Thatā€™s one movement I didnā€™t understand and Iā€™m nursing some lossesā€¦ Maybe one of you clever follows can explain what the heck just happened? Last two 4hrly barsā€¦

Are you tracking your success rate trading this event?

As far as tracing my success rate, all I know is that Iā€™ve been caught out a couple of times when I wasnā€™t aware there was an announcement and I panicked and lost a lot of unrealised profit. This time I was assessing the market during the day before 13:30 (UK) watching them move away from my positions, then on the dot they spiked in my favour.
Quite often there is a big move one way or another on these announcements.
Buy and sell orders could be placed, and closed shortly after, before they retrace. Just an idea! :man_shrugging:

You have no control over interest rates. You should focus more on things that you have control over. However, an increase in the interest rate will undoubtedly have an impact on the market. Prepare yourself to handle it.