Introducing myself

Hi everyone my name is Sharina. I’ve been trying to learn about the stock market for about 2 months. I randomly bought some stocks about 6 months ago and they are just sitting there. I had no idea what u was doing until I learned about a fb group 2 months ago. Now I’m learning how to choose stock, reading and understand trends etc. I had never heard of Forex until this morning. So naturally I jumped over here to take the classes and to truly learn. I’m from the suburbs of Detroit, wife and mother to a 6 year old son. I am a entrepreneur and own 4 businesses; recently sold my medical supply company. I’m excited to be here.

Hi Sharina! Sounds like you’ve got a lot going on, I’m sure that you’ll be great at this as well. It’s definitely worth it in the long run if you stick with it and then this site is super helpful. Good luck out there!

1 Like

It requires a lot of time. Perhaps you would be better off just investing?

Hi. FX trading is highly speculative and high risk. Unless you treat it seriously as a new business venture it is unlikely you’ll succeed. And that means devoting many months learning how to trade properly and proficiently. There is no short cut, whatever social media hype tells you. It’s a market full of losers and losses.

IMO, with your current busy lifestyle, you’re better off sticking to stock investments. Or even investing in Index funds, like * Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-U.S. ETF (VEU) where you will see returns of over 12% APR - but not a lot more…

While it is possible to earn more with FX trading you need money to make money. A 50k account making a consistent c.2% profit average per month gives you c.24% APR. That aim is feasible, but only by experienced traders, not newbies - who gamble with high risk trades and blow their accounts.

Thanks for the encouragement!